Beccles go top of table
Beccles Dolphins 76, Holt III 19BECCLES Dolphins continued their winning streak with a weaker second team with a convincing rugby win against Holt III 76-19.
Beccles Dolphins 76, Holt III 19
BECCLES Dolphins continued their winning streak with a weaker second team with a convincing win against Holt III 76-19. Beccles II are now top of the league and next week are away to Lowestoft and Yarmouth on Saturday to continue the league campaign.
Beccles started quickly with simple hands which led Carpenter to score the first try of the game.
Dolphins then scored three tries in quick succession, Durak broke line then off-loaded to Calver to put down under the posts. Good rucking from Goode, Hatcher and Pitts enabled Giddings to get over the line and touch down. Good hands from Driver and Boon lead Carpenter to score again.
You may also want to watch:
Before the end of the half Hadridge gave the backs quick ball which left White Horse man of the match Matt Calver one-on-one with the full back for him to score his second.
With a convincing first half behind them Beccles went into the second half not focused and conceded three soft tries. After good defence from Puxley, Sutton and Berry, Holt fumbled the ball which Carpenter picked up and scored again.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
With players experiencing new positions play became to get scrappy, Beccles regained position in their own half which made its way out to the wing for Lackworthy to score.
Beccles' pack switched on from a line out and mauled into the try zone and Hadridge put down to add to the score sheet.
Good lines were run from Boon and Durak which led to both of them scoring good tries.
Beccles played the last ten minutes in Holt's half where Carpenter and Driver also scored.