Beccles go top of table
Beccles Dolphins 76, Holt III 19BECCLES Dolphins continued their winning streak with a weaker second team with a convincing rugby win against Holt III 76-19.
Beccles Dolphins 76, Holt III 19
BECCLES Dolphins continued their winning streak with a weaker second team with a convincing win against Holt III 76-19. Beccles II are now top of the league and next week are away to Lowestoft and Yarmouth on Saturday to continue the league campaign.
Beccles started quickly with simple hands which led Carpenter to score the first try of the game.
Dolphins then scored three tries in quick succession, Durak broke line then off-loaded to Calver to put down under the posts. Good rucking from Goode, Hatcher and Pitts enabled Giddings to get over the line and touch down. Good hands from Driver and Boon lead Carpenter to score again.
You may also want to watch:
Before the end of the half Hadridge gave the backs quick ball which left White Horse man of the match Matt Calver one-on-one with the full back for him to score his second.
With a convincing first half behind them Beccles went into the second half not focused and conceded three soft tries. After good defence from Puxley, Sutton and Berry, Holt fumbled the ball which Carpenter picked up and scored again.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
With players experiencing new positions play became to get scrappy, Beccles regained position in their own half which made its way out to the wing for Lackworthy to score.
Beccles' pack switched on from a line out and mauled into the try zone and Hadridge put down to add to the score sheet.
Good lines were run from Boon and Durak which led to both of them scoring good tries.
Beccles played the last ten minutes in Holt's half where Carpenter and Driver also scored.