Beccles gunning for promotion
Beccles 3, Harleston Magpies IV 0THIS 3-0 victory over Harleston Magpies brings Beccles one step closer to securing second place in Division One of the M&A Partners Hockey League, and therefore promotion to the Premier.
Beccles 3, Harleston Magpies IV 0
THIS 3-0 victory over Harleston Magpies brings Beccles one step closer to securing second place in Division One of the M&A Partners Hockey League, and therefore promotion to the Premier.
Watton is the only team who can take this promotion away from Beccles when the teams meet tomorrow (Saturday), 10am start.
Right from the start of the game against Magpies, Beccles dominated and created many scoring chances.
You may also want to watch:
It took only six minutes for Beccles to take the lead when Ali Foreman received the ball in the D and did a superb reverse stick shot to open the scoring.
Beccles continued to lay siege throughout the first half but the Magpies defenders did a great job, especially the keeper and Beccles just could not capitalise on their many chances.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
Subsequently Beccles went into the second half of the game only 1-0 up.
Beccles gelled well again as a team and played some very fine passing hockey. Again, Beccles created many opportunities to penetrate the Magpies defence, only to be denied by the keeper.
Half way through the second half, after a lot of hard work, Annette Freeman sent a lovely pass to the unmarked Debbie Mann waiting in the D, where she managed to strike the ball to the left of the keeper to take a 2-0 lead.
There were no further goals until about one minute from full time when Ali Foreman intercepted the ball and passed it to Debbie Mann who was just inside the opposition's half.
She then went on a solo run weaving her way through her opponents, right into the D and slotted the ball to the keeper's right to make the final score 3-0.