Beccles gunning for promotion
Beccles 3, Harleston Magpies IV 0THIS 3-0 victory over Harleston Magpies brings Beccles one step closer to securing second place in Division One of the M&A Partners Hockey League, and therefore promotion to the Premier.
Beccles 3, Harleston Magpies IV 0
THIS 3-0 victory over Harleston Magpies brings Beccles one step closer to securing second place in Division One of the M&A Partners Hockey League, and therefore promotion to the Premier.
Watton is the only team who can take this promotion away from Beccles when the teams meet tomorrow (Saturday), 10am start.
Right from the start of the game against Magpies, Beccles dominated and created many scoring chances.
It took only six minutes for Beccles to take the lead when Ali Foreman received the ball in the D and did a superb reverse stick shot to open the scoring.
Beccles continued to lay siege throughout the first half but the Magpies defenders did a great job, especially the keeper and Beccles just could not capitalise on their many chances.
- 1 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 2 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 5 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 6 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 10 Snap survey - Patients ignored health conditions after GP waits
Subsequently Beccles went into the second half of the game only 1-0 up.
Beccles gelled well again as a team and played some very fine passing hockey. Again, Beccles created many opportunities to penetrate the Magpies defence, only to be denied by the keeper.
Half way through the second half, after a lot of hard work, Annette Freeman sent a lovely pass to the unmarked Debbie Mann waiting in the D, where she managed to strike the ball to the left of the keeper to take a 2-0 lead.
There were no further goals until about one minute from full time when Ali Foreman intercepted the ball and passed it to Debbie Mann who was just inside the opposition's half.
She then went on a solo run weaving her way through her opponents, right into the D and slotted the ball to the keeper's right to make the final score 3-0.