Beccles gunning for promotion
BECCLES moved one step closer to winning London Division Three North-East with victory over Dagenham. Beccles scored tries regularly throughout the game and won by 39-10.
BECCLES moved one step closer to winning London Division Three North-East with victory over Dagenham.
Beccles scored tries regularly throughout the game and won by 39-10.
They travel to bottom side Billericay on Saturday looking for their first win at the Essex club.
And they could be celebrating promotion if they can win and either Wisbech or Canvey Island drop points.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles 39, Dagenham 10
Beccles had to re-jig their backline as full back Rowney has returned to Australia after two years at the club.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Captain Murray moved back to his more natural full-back position with Hoffman coming in on the wing.
In the pack Hinsley was given a rest with Tipple given the start. Pitts was brought in on the bench to try him out as a replacement for the soon to be departing Ling.
Beccles started the game well and were soon in front. The pack drove the ball close to the Dagenham line. Sale peeled off the back and dummied the defence to go over for the score. Wade added the conversion.
Beccles continued to press the Dagenham defence but scoring opportunities were hard to come by in the difficult conditions. They did manage one more try before half time. After a number of drives at the line Rix was driven over in the corner. This gave a half time score of 12-0.
Beccles scored again soon after half-time. Payne fed the ball to Musker McIntyre man-of-the-match Wade who was running a cutting line. He scythed through the defence and scored under the posts. He then converted his own try.
Beccles took their foot of the gas and when Dagenham put together a flowing move to score in the corner the hosts had to get back on their game.
They soon replied from a scrum on the 22 a planned back-row move down the blindside ended in Williamson going over in the corner.
Wade was unlucky when his conversion attempt came back off an upright.
Dagenham scored again before Beccles took control. Wade extended the lead with a penalty. Next, Murray put Paul Wilson in space out wide so he could canter in to score in the corner.
Beccles finished off the game with another try.
They moved around the opposition defence which left room for Geyser to cut through and score a try.
Wade added the conversion to seal the game by 39-10.