Beccles gunning for promotion
BECCLES moved one step closer to winning London Division Three North-East with victory over Dagenham. Beccles scored tries regularly throughout the game and won by 39-10.
BECCLES moved one step closer to winning London Division Three North-East with victory over Dagenham.
Beccles scored tries regularly throughout the game and won by 39-10.
They travel to bottom side Billericay on Saturday looking for their first win at the Essex club.
And they could be celebrating promotion if they can win and either Wisbech or Canvey Island drop points.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles 39, Dagenham 10
Beccles had to re-jig their backline as full back Rowney has returned to Australia after two years at the club.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 5 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
Captain Murray moved back to his more natural full-back position with Hoffman coming in on the wing.
In the pack Hinsley was given a rest with Tipple given the start. Pitts was brought in on the bench to try him out as a replacement for the soon to be departing Ling.
Beccles started the game well and were soon in front. The pack drove the ball close to the Dagenham line. Sale peeled off the back and dummied the defence to go over for the score. Wade added the conversion.
Beccles continued to press the Dagenham defence but scoring opportunities were hard to come by in the difficult conditions. They did manage one more try before half time. After a number of drives at the line Rix was driven over in the corner. This gave a half time score of 12-0.
Beccles scored again soon after half-time. Payne fed the ball to Musker McIntyre man-of-the-match Wade who was running a cutting line. He scythed through the defence and scored under the posts. He then converted his own try.
Beccles took their foot of the gas and when Dagenham put together a flowing move to score in the corner the hosts had to get back on their game.
They soon replied from a scrum on the 22 a planned back-row move down the blindside ended in Williamson going over in the corner.
Wade was unlucky when his conversion attempt came back off an upright.
Dagenham scored again before Beccles took control. Wade extended the lead with a penalty. Next, Murray put Paul Wilson in space out wide so he could canter in to score in the corner.
Beccles finished off the game with another try.
They moved around the opposition defence which left room for Geyser to cut through and score a try.
Wade added the conversion to seal the game by 39-10.