Beccles host lowly Crabs
BECCLES Town, second in the Anglian Combination Premier Division, were without a game at the weekend but tomorrow entertain fifth-bottom Cromer Town.Caister 2, Beccles Reserves 7BECCLES Reserves continued their run of good form in DivisionThree, where they are fourth.
BECCLES Town, second in the Anglian Combination Premier Division, were without a game at the weekend but tomorrow entertain fifth-bottom Cromer Town.
Caister 2, Beccles Reserves 7
BECCLES Reserves continued their run of good form in DivisionThree, where they are fourth.
After a very dull opening 20 minutes the game came to life when the hard-working Masters won the ball in midfield and fed Ward on the edge of the box. He drew the keeper then slipped the ball to Clarke who side-footed home.
You may also want to watch:
Within minutes a Smith thunderbolt rattled the bar from 30 yards and from the goal kick Fenn won the ball and passed to Clarke.
He took the ball in to the area and made it 2-0. It was one-way traffic and it became 3-0 when a cross from Masters was sliced into his own net by a Caister defender.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 7 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 10 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
Just before half-time a Caister free-kick forced Leaver in the Beccles goal to make his first save.
The second half started with Beccles on the attack. A fine ball from Greengrass was met by Pluck who was unlucky with his volley.
Another run from Masters led to him playing the ball to Martin, who powered into the box and fired across the keeper and into the net to make it 4-0.
It was soon 5-0 when a through-ball from the impressive Clarke played in for Ward to score.
Clarke got his hat-trick, scoring from the spot after Martin had been fouled. Yet another ball from Clarke found substitute Haylock who rounded the keeper to make it 7-0.
Beccles then took their foot off the pedal to let Caister score a couple of consolation goals, one of these a very harsh penalty.
Tomorrow they visit North Walsham Reserves (3pm ko).
Beccles Reserves: A Leaver, S Smith, S Harmer (D Compton) M Howard, A Greengrass, J Fenn, R Masters, G Martin, D Ward (A Jeffries), J Clarke, H Pluck (C Haylock).