Beccles minis help serve up a treat for spectators
- Credit: Submitted
Beccles Rugby Club’s minis section hosted Swaffham rugby club on Sunday and treated the huge contingency of spectators with a feast of rugby.
Sides representing ages from Under-sevens through to U12s competed strongly against well matched Swaffham sides to ensure that excitement levels were high amongst the touchline contingent.
Congratulations to the U8s for a superb team performance with a very convincing win. Great teamwork and individual skills shown by each and every member of the team.
The U9s side were playing only their second ever full contact rugby match but looked like they were past masters in delivering bone crunching tackles and demolishing defensive lines. They also managed to play two matches against Beccles U10s. Awesome tackling from the likes of Thomas Supple, Riley Hall, Dexter Limpenny and Charlie Banger made sure that the opposition were often on the back foot. Strong and incisive running from speed merchants Harry Fisher, Cameron Twitchett, Jack Linnell-Morton, Zak Barber and James Mills ensured that tries flowed freely.
When strong and direct running was required we only had to look to Ben Harper, Joe and Max Strafford for inspiration. The man of the match was Jack Bentham for his brilliant team spirit and overall great play.
You may also want to watch:
The U10s played two matches against the U9s as Swaffham unfortunately were not able to field an U10s team. It was hard for the boys to stop from rucking but some good tackling and hard running from the team. great first matches for Josh, Harvard, Isaac, and Jack, well done boys. Try scorers Sunday were Riley, Ben A, William and Jack S (two). Well done to man of the match William Ellard, great tackling and a super try.
The U11/12s had a good match against a strong Swaffham side. Lots of progress made with the team working together and confident play.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
The minis rugby scene at Beccles is thriving and welcomeS boys and girls of all ages and abilities to join us at Beef Meadow every Sunday between 10am and noon.