Beccles move up to third
AFTER this game - the only one to survive the weather at the weekend - Beccles moved up to third in the table with victory over Upminster 13-9.Despite not playing to their full potential Beccles hung on to a 13-9 victory.
Beccles 13, Upminster 9
Beccles moved up to third in the London Four North East table with this victory. Despite not playing to their full potential they hung on to win.
Beccles started well and launched a number of attacks at the opposition line. They eventually opened the scoring with a try. Beccles drove the ball from the line-out and were held up just short of the line. Scrum-half Sale peeled off the back and crashed over for a try. Wade added a good conversion for 7-0.
Upminster opened their account with a penalty before Wade restored the lead with a penalty of his own for a half-time score of 10-3.
You may also want to watch:
Upminster upped their game second half and put Beccles under pressure. They reduced the gap to one point with two penalties.
The Beccles defence was excellently led by Musker McIntyre man-of-the-match Hinsley. Beccles won two long-range penalties in quick succession. Wade pushed the first just wide but slotted the second to increase the lead.
- 1 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 2 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 6 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
With only five minutes left Upminster were battering the Beccles line. The defence was solid, helped by three huge tackles from Williamson.
Beccles travel to leaders Colchester tomorrow looking to avenge their only home defeat of the season so far.