Beccles put on feisty display
Beccles Ladies drew 0-0 with visitors Thetford.A feisty performance made this an exciting game for players and spectators alike as both teams battled to take the points from this division one Martin and Acock hockey league game.
Beccles Ladies 0,
A feisty performance made this an exciting game for players and spectators alike as both teams battled to take the points from this league game.
After the previous week's win over top-of-the-table Dereham, who up until that point had been undefeated, morale was high for the Thetford players.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles also had a good win the previous week and were hoping to make it three wins in a row.
The Beccles team again put in an excellent performance against a very well-organised side, with both teams fighting for the ball with grit and fortitude. In the first half, Thetford had a couple of great opportunities as the ball was powered into the D and only needed a touch for a goal.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Beccles also created chances when Annette Freeman and Carol Maycock both had good opportunities, but were robbed by the keeper at the last hurdle, and the score remained 0-0.
Thetford came out stronger at the start of the second half and had slightly more possession as they surged forward.
The Beccles' defence coped admirably, with all players putting in a sound performance, but the captain, Maxine Gibbs, pulled out all the stops as she put in a commendable display.
This was a well-fought game which neither side deserved to lose, so sharing the points was the fairest result.
This week Beccles have a rearranged league game at home to Norwich City III.