Beccles' reply falls short
AGAINST Brooke in Norfolk Alliance Division One, Beccles' run chase failed and they lost by 55 runs.Beccles captain David Turrell won the toss, and bowling on a good day for cricket saw his bowlers strike early with Josh Aldridge removing Brooke captain Panter for 16.
AGAINST Brooke in Norfolk Alliance Division One, Beccles' run chase failed and they lost by 55 runs.
Beccles captain David Turrell won the toss, and bowling on a good day for cricket saw his bowlers strike early with Josh Aldridge removing Brooke captain Panter for 16.
Brooke then started to gather some momentum with some steady partnerships throughout their innings to eventually be all out for 210 with Vinay Parikh 96 and Ben Prentice 43 the main stays of the innings.
It was a more than competitive score with Daniel Vihm taking three for 27 and Josh Aldridge three for 42 the chief wicket takers.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles began their chase awfully with a mix-up between the opening batsmen causing a run-out.
They then had some steady partnerships but not quite enough to top Brooke's 210.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
They were bundled out for 155 with Richard Turrell top scoring with 51, supported by Daniel Vihm 42 and Mat patnell 19.