Beccles' reply falls short
AGAINST Brooke in Norfolk Alliance Division One, Beccles' run chase failed and they lost by 55 runs.Beccles captain David Turrell won the toss, and bowling on a good day for cricket saw his bowlers strike early with Josh Aldridge removing Brooke captain Panter for 16.
AGAINST Brooke in Norfolk Alliance Division One, Beccles' run chase failed and they lost by 55 runs.
Beccles captain David Turrell won the toss, and bowling on a good day for cricket saw his bowlers strike early with Josh Aldridge removing Brooke captain Panter for 16.
Brooke then started to gather some momentum with some steady partnerships throughout their innings to eventually be all out for 210 with Vinay Parikh 96 and Ben Prentice 43 the main stays of the innings.
It was a more than competitive score with Daniel Vihm taking three for 27 and Josh Aldridge three for 42 the chief wicket takers.
Beccles began their chase awfully with a mix-up between the opening batsmen causing a run-out.
They then had some steady partnerships but not quite enough to top Brooke's 210.
- 1 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 4 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 5 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 6 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 7 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 8 Theatre group set for tour of outdoor venues with latest performances
- 9 Suffolk records sunniest June in nearly 50 years
- 10 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
They were bundled out for 155 with Richard Turrell top scoring with 51, supported by Daniel Vihm 42 and Mat patnell 19.