Beccles RFC minis show off new kit
On Sunday, the Beccles Rugby Club minis proudly displayed their new match shirts for all to see.
The team shirts, generously sponsored by the Royal British Legion, were worn with pride as the boys and girls – the Mini Rhinos – took a minute out from getting muddy on the pitch to pose with their sponsors and coaches.
The mini team comprises of both boys and girls aged five to 12 from all around Beccles, Bungay, Loddon and surrounding villages.
The team is actively encouraging new members to come along, join up and wear their poppies with pride.
The team is rapidly growing in numbers and benefiting from some of the best coaching available.
Their team house is currently undergoing a make-over and some fun-packed sessions are planned.
The club’s John Payne said: “Although we might not see much of them before the end of this season as coaches Ian Rees, Paddy Johnstone and junior coach Emma put them through their paces, you can be sure they will giving us a full show of poppies from September. Huge thanks go to the British Legion for their sponsorship and support.”
- 1 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 2 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 5 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 6 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 10 Snap survey - Patients ignored health conditions after GP waits
If you know any mini player who might be interested in joining the Rhinos or any adults who would like to get involved with coaching or lending a hand, then go along on a Sunday mornings at around 10am for a warm welcome and a cup of tea.