Beccles RFC minis show off new kit
On Sunday, the Beccles Rugby Club minis proudly displayed their new match shirts for all to see.
The team shirts, generously sponsored by the Royal British Legion, were worn with pride as the boys and girls – the Mini Rhinos – took a minute out from getting muddy on the pitch to pose with their sponsors and coaches.
The mini team comprises of both boys and girls aged five to 12 from all around Beccles, Bungay, Loddon and surrounding villages.
The team is actively encouraging new members to come along, join up and wear their poppies with pride.
The team is rapidly growing in numbers and benefiting from some of the best coaching available.
You may also want to watch:
Their team house is currently undergoing a make-over and some fun-packed sessions are planned.
The club’s John Payne said: “Although we might not see much of them before the end of this season as coaches Ian Rees, Paddy Johnstone and junior coach Emma put them through their paces, you can be sure they will giving us a full show of poppies from September. Huge thanks go to the British Legion for their sponsorship and support.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
If you know any mini player who might be interested in joining the Rhinos or any adults who would like to get involved with coaching or lending a hand, then go along on a Sunday mornings at around 10am for a warm welcome and a cup of tea.