Beccles RFC minis show off new kit
On Sunday, the Beccles Rugby Club minis proudly displayed their new match shirts for all to see.
The team shirts, generously sponsored by the Royal British Legion, were worn with pride as the boys and girls – the Mini Rhinos – took a minute out from getting muddy on the pitch to pose with their sponsors and coaches.
The mini team comprises of both boys and girls aged five to 12 from all around Beccles, Bungay, Loddon and surrounding villages.
The team is actively encouraging new members to come along, join up and wear their poppies with pride.
The team is rapidly growing in numbers and benefiting from some of the best coaching available.
You may also want to watch:
Their team house is currently undergoing a make-over and some fun-packed sessions are planned.
The club’s John Payne said: “Although we might not see much of them before the end of this season as coaches Ian Rees, Paddy Johnstone and junior coach Emma put them through their paces, you can be sure they will giving us a full show of poppies from September. Huge thanks go to the British Legion for their sponsorship and support.”
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 5 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
If you know any mini player who might be interested in joining the Rhinos or any adults who would like to get involved with coaching or lending a hand, then go along on a Sunday mornings at around 10am for a warm welcome and a cup of tea.