Beccles Royales gymnasts return home with bumper haul of medals
- Credit: Archant
Eight Beccles Royales gymnasts took part in the Badge Friendly competition at Bury Spectrum Gymnastics Club.
There were various age groups with the youngest competitor being Rebecca Luckett in the age five/six group for Badge One who was awarded a silver medal with an overall score of 44.0.
Olivia Barber, Evie Naseby and Madison Ellis competed in the Under-7 age group for Badge Two. They were awarded scores of 41.0, 36.5 and 32.5 respectively, earning Olivia the silver medal.
Two gymnasts competed in the seven/eight age group for Badge Two. Aimee Fisk scored 45.0, earning her the gold medal, and Rowan Jackson scored 35.5.
Another two gymnasts entered the Badge Three competition, Liberty Axon in the seven and under age group, scored 39.0 earning her the gold medal in her age group and Gabriella Naseby (12 and under) received a bronze after a score of 47.0.
Daisy Higgins, Billie Forrest, Evie Holmes, Maisie Broom and Christina Head competed in the Level One group. Daisy received silver on vault, gold on bars and bronze medals for floor and beam. Billie took the gold on beam with Evie repeating Daisy’s success with silver on vault, gold on bars, bronze on floor and beam. Maisie took the gold on vault and silver on bars, floor and beam. Christina competed beam and floor and received gold on each.
Anna Knight, Charlotte Luckett and Jessica Leech competed in the Level Two competition nine years and under with Maia Butterfield-Hoff, Emily Barber and Brooke Howlett competing in the same level in the nine years and over. Jessica won two bronze medals on vault and bars, Emma got silver on vault, Maia received a bronze for her beam, Emily silver on vault and Brooke came away with two golds for vault and beam and a silver on bars.
- 1 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 2 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 3 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 4 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 5 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 6 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 7 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 8 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
In Level Three Tiani Howard just missed out on the medals but Eva Parkin came away with two bronzes for beam and floor.
In Level Four Ella Barber won two silver medals for her vault and bars. Ellie Bishop medalled on each piece; bronze for vault, silver for beam and two golds for bars and floor, Amie Seaman won silver on bars while Kacey Leech won gold for her beam.
In Level Five Rosie Madin medalled with a gold for each piece, Zoe Stennett won two bronzes and a silver and Rebecca Chapman came away with two bronzes.