Beccles Rugby Club rewarded for work with local schools
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Rugby Club has won the Suffolk Community Foundation Working Together Award for their work with school children within the local schools in and around Beccles.
A cheque for £2,000 was presented to Chris Capps-Jenner, the club’s Director of Youth and Senior Rugby, by councillors Stephen Watt, Becky Hopfensperger and members of the Suffolk County Council.
“Last season we were fortunate to have been awarded some funding to help launch our In School Coaching Programme,” said Capps-Jenner.
“The programme has been a great success in delivering the sport of rugby in to our local schools.
“Its success has been such that Beccles Rugby Club were named in the top six clubs in England for their youth player recruitment with a 900pc increase over the past 12 months.”
You may also want to watch:
Capps-Jenner added: “The bond between the club and the local schools is very strong with Beccles RFC running school tournaments and providing transport to the schools via the club’s new community mini bus.”
Anyone wishing to join the rugby club please contact chris on 07917 771392.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 10 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average