Beccles Rugby Club rewarded for work with local schools
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Rugby Club has won the Suffolk Community Foundation Working Together Award for their work with school children within the local schools in and around Beccles.
A cheque for £2,000 was presented to Chris Capps-Jenner, the club’s Director of Youth and Senior Rugby, by councillors Stephen Watt, Becky Hopfensperger and members of the Suffolk County Council.
“Last season we were fortunate to have been awarded some funding to help launch our In School Coaching Programme,” said Capps-Jenner.
“The programme has been a great success in delivering the sport of rugby in to our local schools.
“Its success has been such that Beccles Rugby Club were named in the top six clubs in England for their youth player recruitment with a 900pc increase over the past 12 months.”
You may also want to watch:
Capps-Jenner added: “The bond between the club and the local schools is very strong with Beccles RFC running school tournaments and providing transport to the schools via the club’s new community mini bus.”
Anyone wishing to join the rugby club please contact chris on 07917 771392.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country