Beccles share points with Pelicans
Beccles earned a 1-1 draw with Pelicans as they come from behind to take a point
Starting this match with 10 players Beccles knew they would be in for a tricky time.
The visitors started strongly, and with the changed Beccles squad taking time to settle down they soon had the home side under pressure.
However, keeper Claire Gammon rose to the occasion, making good confident tackles and distributing the ball well. The first goal came when the Pelicans’ midfield worked the ball into the D and struck a shot that was difficult for the Beccles keeper to see.
Restored to 11 players Beccles worked hard to come back into the game – Amy Thornton, Ali Foreman and Jodie Smith all making surging runs deep into the Pelicans half putting the visitors under increasing pressure.
You may also want to watch:
After the restart Beccles continued to try to keep the ball. Beccles dug deep and piled the pressure on the Pelicans defence until eventually a neat passing move gave Jodie Smith the opportunity to slot the ball under the advancing keeper to level. Saturday Beccles play Watton away as they look to maintain their mid-league status.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
- 10 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory