Beccles share points with Pelicans
Beccles earned a 1-1 draw with Pelicans as they come from behind to take a point
Starting this match with 10 players Beccles knew they would be in for a tricky time.
The visitors started strongly, and with the changed Beccles squad taking time to settle down they soon had the home side under pressure.
However, keeper Claire Gammon rose to the occasion, making good confident tackles and distributing the ball well. The first goal came when the Pelicans’ midfield worked the ball into the D and struck a shot that was difficult for the Beccles keeper to see.
Restored to 11 players Beccles worked hard to come back into the game – Amy Thornton, Ali Foreman and Jodie Smith all making surging runs deep into the Pelicans half putting the visitors under increasing pressure.
You may also want to watch:
After the restart Beccles continued to try to keep the ball. Beccles dug deep and piled the pressure on the Pelicans defence until eventually a neat passing move gave Jodie Smith the opportunity to slot the ball under the advancing keeper to level. Saturday Beccles play Watton away as they look to maintain their mid-league status.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed