Beccles stack up the points
Beccles took 22 points from their Norfolk Alliance Division Two win over Dereham.And with only three points separating the second, third and fourth places - Beccles in fourth - the run-in to the end of the season is set to be a nail biter, Beccles playing at home for two of the final three matches.
Beccles took 22 points from their Norfolk Alliance Division Two win over Dereham.
And with only three points separating the second, third and fourth places - Beccles in fourth - the run-in to the end of the season is set to be a nail biter, Beccles playing at home for two of the final three matches.
Against Dereham, winning the toss again Beccles captain Sydenham put the visitors into bat on a good-looking wicket.
Dereham, with five changes to the team, had a change to their opening pair and Hoggett was thrust into the limelight, starting well.
You may also want to watch:
The pair had put on 22 in the first six overs when Hoggett was caught by Beccles wicketkeeper Anderson.
Eanena joined Forder at the crease and faced just 11 balls before being given lbw.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
This bought in Wallace who started his innings with a four from the first ball.
With Forder caught by the evergreen Tony Wright, Irons joined Wallace and set about knocking in his new bat.
Marczewski, their captain, was the replacement for Wallace, caught by Sydenham, and the new partnership added 50, bringing the score to 105 when Irons was neatly bowled by Vihm - one of his four scalps of the day.
After this there was no one left to put up a fight and Beccles managed to get Dereham all out for 128 runs in 34 overs.
Rob Porter, still celebrating after his maiden ton of the previous week, opened the batting with his new partner Sydenham, starting slowly but determinedly.
The scoreboard ticked over steadily until Sydenham was caught in the 12th over with the score on 43.
Rich Porter joined his brother at the crease and the pair made good use of any loose balls.
After being dropped mid-way through his innings Rich was caught by Fletcher, the partnership putting on another 43 runs. It took the total to 86 after only 21 overs.
Vihm, in a more aggressive mood this week, added 17 to the score before being caught by the Dereham wicketkeeper Forder.
The score on 118, veteran Powley sauntered out to the crease letting Rob Porter add another eight to the score before calmly dispatching a ball to the boundary to close the innings in the 32nd over.
Tomorrow, Beccles are at mid-table North Runcton A.