Beccles steam to win over Railway
Lowestoft Railway 1, Beccles 3
HOCKEY: Following the remarkable ‘against the odds’ win last week, on Saturday Beccles were able to field what is probably their strongest team. Beccles started the game very strongly with a very good display of teamwork with their accurate and timely passing of the ball.
Despite having the majority of the play for the first quarter of the game Beccles could not capitalise on their opportunities. But then Beccles broke the deadlock through Annette Freeman.
Railway got more into the game pressurising the Beccles defence who all played a vital part. Clare Gammon had a magnificent first half and did not put a foot wrong.
In the second half Beccles took full advantage of Railway allowing them space and they continued to play some lovely hockey and increased their lead. Starting in their own half, the ball was passed around the team as they went on the attack finally ending when Annette Freeman passed to her sister, Heather Brand whose shot went passed the defence and into the goal to deservedly put Beccles 2-0 up.
You may also want to watch:
Ali Foreman, Laura Bonnor, Max Gibbs and Claire Gammon all worked well together spreading the ball across the pitch finding a well- positioned Aimee Tilley, Heather Brand or Jodie Smith, as all the players made space for each other. Laura Ashworth had a good game at left forward displaying some good hockey and distribution of the ball.
Beccles finally sealed the game after they were awarded a penalty corner which Annette Freeman received and passed to Debbie Mann who struck the ball home.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
Railway got a well-deserved consolation through Kat Oldman.
Want to play hockey? Call Debbie Mann on 07952 531954.