Beccles teams join in Futsal fun
- Credit: Archant
The Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League welcomed six new Futsal teams on Sunday as it moved up to the under 8 age group.
Teams from Caister Roma, Martham, the Wasps and Hornets of Beccles Town, Acle United made their debuts, the superb facilities allowing a total of 30 matches.
There was cup football on Sunday with the under 13 semi-finals taking place. The Lions of Waveney will meet the Hornets of Beccles in the final, after both defeated Gorleston Rangers teams in the semi-finals.
Gorleston FC under 12s secured their place in the final coming out on top 5-3 over the Predators of Mutford and Wrentham. In the final they will meet their old rivals Harleston who needed extra time to beat Comets of Kirkley and Pakefield 5-4 at Walmer Road.
Long Stratton’s under 11 quarter-final was lost to the weather but the other three matches did take place, the Comets of Bohemians securing their semi-final spot with a 3-1 home win over Bungay Town United. Joining them in the semi-final draw will be the Meerkats of Waveney who recorded a 3-0 win over Waveney Jaguars, and it was a single goal defeat for the Pumas of Waveney losing at home to Caister Roma Gladiators.
You may also want to watch:
There were victories for the three under 16 teams heading Division One as leaders Gorleston Rangers Phoenix maintained their lead with a 6-2 home win over Sole Bay.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 3 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 7 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools