Beccles teams join in Futsal fun
- Credit: Archant
The Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League welcomed six new Futsal teams on Sunday as it moved up to the under 8 age group.
Teams from Caister Roma, Martham, the Wasps and Hornets of Beccles Town, Acle United made their debuts, the superb facilities allowing a total of 30 matches.
There was cup football on Sunday with the under 13 semi-finals taking place. The Lions of Waveney will meet the Hornets of Beccles in the final, after both defeated Gorleston Rangers teams in the semi-finals.
Gorleston FC under 12s secured their place in the final coming out on top 5-3 over the Predators of Mutford and Wrentham. In the final they will meet their old rivals Harleston who needed extra time to beat Comets of Kirkley and Pakefield 5-4 at Walmer Road.
Long Stratton’s under 11 quarter-final was lost to the weather but the other three matches did take place, the Comets of Bohemians securing their semi-final spot with a 3-1 home win over Bungay Town United. Joining them in the semi-final draw will be the Meerkats of Waveney who recorded a 3-0 win over Waveney Jaguars, and it was a single goal defeat for the Pumas of Waveney losing at home to Caister Roma Gladiators.
You may also want to watch:
There were victories for the three under 16 teams heading Division One as leaders Gorleston Rangers Phoenix maintained their lead with a 6-2 home win over Sole Bay.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 5 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 6 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 7 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 8 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 9 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 10 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region