Beccles Town sunk by late goal at Reepham
- Credit: Archant
Once again Beccles seem unable to get a consistent team out at the start of the season and that will need to change if they are push at a higher level.
The Wherrymen have now lost three and won one since promotion following Saturday’s narrow 2-1 defeat at Reepham.
For the first 15 minutes both sides created good attacks. Hurren controlled well and sent Bishop and Bee on good runs but the final ball didn’t reach a Beccles player.
On 20 minutes Reepham went ahead with a headed finish from a great right wing cross. Bishop went close 10 minutes later while Bee had a good run and cross which was defended well.
Beccles brought on Keiron Bale for George Brown at the start of the second half and launched several good attacks. Within five minutes Hurren had set up three clear chances, all of which were blocked by a whole posse of Reepham defenders.
You may also want to watch:
On 65 minutes Steve Bee was sent free down the right wing and his cross was met by Neil Hurren’s head to level the scores at 1-1. Beccles then gained some heart and forced several corners but despite severe pressure by Lovelock, Glover and Shaw on the home defence they were unable to get the ball in the net.
Reepham fought back against a stretched Beccles defence and forced a series of corners. On 80 minutes this pressure paid off when they headed in the winner from yet another corner. Beccles tried to respond but again a massed defence from the home team blocked any slight chances and the game ended 2-1.
- 1 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 2 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 3 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 Assurances over £3m Station Yard project in Southwold
- 6 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Former prisoner of war nurse celebrated for her service
- 9 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
Beccles: Cable, Roberts S, Glover, Lovelock, Udell, Shaw, Waterman, Brown, Hurren, Bishop, Bee. Subs: Bale, Grimmer, Pearce.
Tommorow is cup day when the first team entertain Acle United, who have a new manager in Robert Taylor, in the Mummery Cup and the Reserves travel to Martham Reserves in the CS Morley Cup. Both matches kick off at 2pm.