Beccles youngsters enjoy their first game
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Rugby Club mini section travelled to Wymondham for their first matches of the season with teams representing ages from under sevens to a combined under 11/12s with great success.
The under 7s and 8s were very impressive with their handling, which has improved. Tagging was done with commitment and with great success. There was lots of forward running and weaving and tries from everyone in the team.
The under 9s got their first full contact match under their belts and gave a great performance against Wymondham.
Each and everyone of the team got stuck in and put in some crunching tackles and had some barn-storming runs through Wymondham’s defence. Congratulations to Thomas Suppple for his man-of-the-match performance.
The under 10s played their first game with three player scrums, rucks and mauls, a fantastic start for the season winning their first game 35-5 then having a quick break before playing a different Wymondham side.
You may also want to watch:
They produced a great effort just losing 20-10. There was another quick break before playing a shorter game, only just being beaten 15-10.
Man of the match Ben Adams was superb, clearing out time after time.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 8 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
There was a brilliant first performance from the under 11/12 squad which left them with two wins and one loss against a very strong Wymondham team. There were some great tries and good defensive work.
The day was very well supported by parents and family members who along with all the coaches could not have been prouder of all the players.
Any boys and girls wishing to try to have a go at rugby, training sessions take place on Sunday mornings between 10-12 at Beef Meadow, Common Lane, Beccles for all age groups from five to 12. Also see the Beccles Rugby Club website for more details.