Beccles youngsters enjoy their first game
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Rugby Club mini section travelled to Wymondham for their first matches of the season with teams representing ages from under sevens to a combined under 11/12s with great success.
The under 7s and 8s were very impressive with their handling, which has improved. Tagging was done with commitment and with great success. There was lots of forward running and weaving and tries from everyone in the team.
The under 9s got their first full contact match under their belts and gave a great performance against Wymondham.
Each and everyone of the team got stuck in and put in some crunching tackles and had some barn-storming runs through Wymondham’s defence. Congratulations to Thomas Suppple for his man-of-the-match performance.
The under 10s played their first game with three player scrums, rucks and mauls, a fantastic start for the season winning their first game 35-5 then having a quick break before playing a different Wymondham side.
They produced a great effort just losing 20-10. There was another quick break before playing a shorter game, only just being beaten 15-10.
Man of the match Ben Adams was superb, clearing out time after time.
- 1 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 2 Museum ready for 21st century after 'transformation'
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 5 Chainsaws and drills stolen after rural farm buildings targeted
- 6 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
- 7 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 10 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
There was a brilliant first performance from the under 11/12 squad which left them with two wins and one loss against a very strong Wymondham team. There were some great tries and good defensive work.
The day was very well supported by parents and family members who along with all the coaches could not have been prouder of all the players.
Any boys and girls wishing to try to have a go at rugby, training sessions take place on Sunday mornings between 10-12 at Beef Meadow, Common Lane, Beccles for all age groups from five to 12. Also see the Beccles Rugby Club website for more details.