Belton good display by Loddon
LODDON'S sixth game undefeated saw a confident start to the season as they beat Belton by 50 runs.Belton put Loddon into bat first, and their opening bowlers made light work of Loddon's first four batsmen (K Jones 5, S Armiger 4, A Baker 1 and J Riseborough 0) for only 10 runs.
LODDON'S sixth game undefeated saw a confident start to the season as they beat Belton by 50 runs.
Belton put Loddon into bat first, and their opening bowlers made light work of Loddon's first four batsmen (K Jones 5, S Armiger 4, A Baker 1 and J Riseborough 0) for only 10 runs. K Pitman (4) was dismissed by a fantastic diving catch from point. D Debenham (42) and T Rowson (35) managed to hold the innings together and frustrate the Belton bowlers and push the run-rate.
C Baker (12) rotated the strike nicely. Loddon's youngest Batsman L Jones (2) showed some confident batting while G Clow (8) and B Martin (1) held onto their wickets to deny Belton of maximum bowling points and finish the innings on 144-9.
C Baker and D Debenham rapidly picked up three wickets between them. Debutant K Pitman blasted through the mid-order taking four wickets off nine overs for 25 runs while K Jones kept things tight from his end with 7.4 overs, five maidens, five runs and three wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon's field kept things tight with some assertive fielding and great catches from D Debenham, A Baker and T Rowson. Belton only managed to reach 94 runs by the time their last wicket fell to K Jones in the 35th over.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 4 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 9 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help