Ben's champion feeling
BEN Harber is the Suffolk County Bowls U25 Singles champion. He won the all-Beccles final at Sudbury against Ian Catchpole to win the competition for the first time, having been runner up last season.
BEN Harber is the Suffolk County Bowls U25 Singles champion.
He won the all-Beccles final at Sudbury against Ian Catchpole to win the competition for the first time, having been runner up last season.
In the semi-finals Ben beat Aron Phillips from the home club while Ian Catchpole defeated Matthew Allen from Sole Bay.
In the men's triples Mark Todd, David Todd and David Wood lost to Peter Baggott's Sole Bay triple in the semi-finals and Graham Catchpole lost to Baggott in the singles semi.
You may also want to watch:
This week will see the all-Beccles pairs semi-final between Mark and David Todd against Cyril Moore and David Wood.
In the fours Mark Todd, Cyril Moore, John Catchpole and David Wood will play Mark Moore's mid Suffolk rink.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
At the national finals in Nottingham last week, Mark Todd, Cyril Moore and David Todd lost their first round match to Ely in the triples.
In the pairs, Mark and David Todd beat Moonfleet 2000 in the first round but lost in the next round to Stanley.
This weekend will see the club finals take place with matches this evening, tomorrow morning and evening and Sunday morning and evening.