Black Dog Runners get into top gear with relay race
Four teams of Bungay Black Dog Runners competed in the multi-terrain Hereward Relay.
The race started at Peterborough Cathedral and follows the Hereward Way for 38.4 miles to Ely, crossing over bridleways, fields, bridges and tracks.
The freezing cold, and snowy conditions under foot, did not deter 105 teams from finishing.
There are four stages (in miles); 6.1, 10.5, 10.3 and 10.4. The winning team, from Bury St Edmunds, completed the course in 3-45:42.
Bungay “Stig” team (Marcus Sladden, Matt Lawes, Mike Collins and Robbie James) finished 41st in 4-51:16.
You may also want to watch:
Bungay “Hamsters” team (David Lines, Robin Farrar, Richard Dye and Sally Nicholls) finished 95th in 5-51:42.
Bungay “Clarksons” team (David Cook, Bruce Rayner, Karen Waters and David Waterman) finished 100th in 6-20:58.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
Bungay “Maze” team (Katy James, Philip Neave, Craig Anderson and Sue Potter) were 102nd in 6-27:30.
Stage One: 6.5 miles, Peterborough to Whittlesey: 47 Marcus Sladden 47:10; 94 David Lines 59:55); 103 Katy James 1-09:41; 105 David Cook 1-26:12.
Stage Two: 10.5 miles, Whittlesey to March: 11 Matt Hawes 1-09:57; 77 Bruce Rayner 1-30:18; 91 Philip Neave 1-37:47; 102 Robin Farrar 1-52:31.
Stage Three: 10.3 miles, March to Welney: 47 Richard Dye 1-24:25; 86 Craig Anderson 1-36:12; 88 Michael Collins 1-38:01; 101 Karen Waters 1-52:30.
Stage Four: 10.4 miles, Welney to Ely: 35 Robbie James 1-16:08; 81 David Waterman 1-31:58; 90 Sally Nicholls 1-34:52; 103 Sue Potter 2-03:50.