Black Dog Runners get into top gear with relay race
Four teams of Bungay Black Dog Runners competed in the multi-terrain Hereward Relay.
The race started at Peterborough Cathedral and follows the Hereward Way for 38.4 miles to Ely, crossing over bridleways, fields, bridges and tracks.
The freezing cold, and snowy conditions under foot, did not deter 105 teams from finishing.
There are four stages (in miles); 6.1, 10.5, 10.3 and 10.4. The winning team, from Bury St Edmunds, completed the course in 3-45:42.
Bungay “Stig” team (Marcus Sladden, Matt Lawes, Mike Collins and Robbie James) finished 41st in 4-51:16.
You may also want to watch:
Bungay “Hamsters” team (David Lines, Robin Farrar, Richard Dye and Sally Nicholls) finished 95th in 5-51:42.
Bungay “Clarksons” team (David Cook, Bruce Rayner, Karen Waters and David Waterman) finished 100th in 6-20:58.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 East Suffolk Council selects 2021 chairman
Bungay “Maze” team (Katy James, Philip Neave, Craig Anderson and Sue Potter) were 102nd in 6-27:30.
Stage One: 6.5 miles, Peterborough to Whittlesey: 47 Marcus Sladden 47:10; 94 David Lines 59:55); 103 Katy James 1-09:41; 105 David Cook 1-26:12.
Stage Two: 10.5 miles, Whittlesey to March: 11 Matt Hawes 1-09:57; 77 Bruce Rayner 1-30:18; 91 Philip Neave 1-37:47; 102 Robin Farrar 1-52:31.
Stage Three: 10.3 miles, March to Welney: 47 Richard Dye 1-24:25; 86 Craig Anderson 1-36:12; 88 Michael Collins 1-38:01; 101 Karen Waters 1-52:30.
Stage Four: 10.4 miles, Welney to Ely: 35 Robbie James 1-16:08; 81 David Waterman 1-31:58; 90 Sally Nicholls 1-34:52; 103 Sue Potter 2-03:50.