Cornish pasties the perfect reward for Black Dog runners!
- Credit: Archant
A trip to stormy Cornwall to take part in a weather curtailed Cornish marathon was rewarded by post race pasties and a steaming cuppa for Bungay Black Dog Running Club (BBDRC) members Karen Gedge (finishing in four hours and 53 minutes), Rachel Hirst (5:03), Robin Ashe (5:12) and Tim Hirst (6:03).
The original route was revised - ending up a half mile short - to avoid the race being cancelled due to "shocking weather" although total elevation of 2,547 feet, horizontal rain, high winds and low temperatures ensured it remained a challenge.
However, those junior and senior members who stayed closer to home to represent BBDRC at the Framlingham Cross Country race - the first in the Suffolk Winter League series enjoyed near-perfect running weather.
But conditions underfoot at Framlingham Castle were not quite as perfect as the weather, with acres of very sticky mud clinging to competitors' shoes for the duration. The course was a challenging two laps for the seniors covering a total of 5.6 miles.
Jesse Timberlake was the only Black Dog at Fenland's Lode half-marathon - a there-and-back race that took in the muddy tracks and roads but again enjoyed a fine day in the Cambridgeshire countryside. She came fifth among the entry of 250 runners with a time of 1:26.22.
You may also want to watch:
At Gorleston, Rachel Allen and Graham Sampson both celebrated fantastic Parkrun milestones. After starting parkruns 10 years ago, Rachel did her 400th while Graham celebrated his 350th.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day