Black Dogs' series proving popular
THE third Broome 10km summer race took place recently. Organised by Bungay Black Dog Running Club, the race series has been very popular this year despite the humid weather.
THE third Broome 10km summer race took place recently. Organised by Bungay Black Dog Running Club, the race series has been very popular despite the humidity.
Carl Prewer, from Lowestoft Road Runners, finished first in 34:16, followed by two Stowmarket Striders, Chris Starmer (35:57) and Nick Palmer (36:21).
Tamara Jordan, also from Stowmarket Striders, completed her hat-trick of finishing as the first woman in all three races in 36:54.
Black Dogs had 26 runners out of the 131 entrants. Ian Taylor also completed his hat-trick of being the first Black Dog home in 12th position (38:51).
Overall positions for the three 10km races combined were Tamara Jordan in an impressive 1-50:25. In second was Richard Hayes (1-53:31) and Black Dog, Ian Taylor was third (1-55:45).
Robert James was delighted to be fourth (2-00:39), Roland Shaw was eighth (2-13:54), Tom Pullinger, ninth (2-16:12) and Neil Thomas 12th (2-26:06). Christine Muttitt was
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 6 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 7 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 8 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 9 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 10 MP calls for investment for east coast rail lines
the first overall Black Dog woman winner in 16th
Results - Chris Chorley, 24th (40:43), Robert James 28th (41:30). John Wharton 42nd (43:34), Roland Shaw 43rd (43:36), Tim Morton 44th (43:37), Tom Pullinger 49th (44:33). Nigel Gilham 62nd (46:47), David Waterman, 69th (47:49), Neil Thomas, 74th (48:10). Bobbie Sauerzapf was the first Black Dog woman home in 77th (48:43). David Punt 82nd (48:56), Alison Morton 88th (49:23), Christine Muttitt 90th (49:34), Carol Maycock 91st (50:04), Bob Paul 92nd (50:46) and Judy Potter 94th (51:07). Hazel Garrity and Karen Gedge also finished together in 101th and 102th (52:54). Tim O'Mullane was just behind in 105th (53:31). Sally Nichols 111th (55:56), Robin Farrar 112th (56:08). Karen McMorran, accompanied by her husband Gary, finished together in 121st and 122nd (58:19). Paul Seary was 134th (63:27), Katy James 126th (67:11) and Bob Jack 128th (68:34).