Blooming good results for Poppy
Beccles Tennis Club finals began in the wet but finished in sunshine, a reward for the persistence and optimism of the players.Darren Poppy had a very successful day, winning three titles.
Beccles Tennis Club finals began in the wet but finished in sunshine, a reward for the persistence and optimism of the players.
Darren Poppy had a very successful day, winning three titles.
He only just managed to overcome Conor McQuistin in the singles, winning on a championship tie-break. Conor deservedly received the most improved junior award.
Darren continued his winning
You may also want to watch:
form in the doubles, in the men's with Ray Finch and the mixed with Linda Green.
The latter event was played as an American tournament and brought more participation to finals day.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
The ladies' doubles was won by new member Anne Green with Sharon Carter, and the most improved senior was Jean Smith, who confirmed this by being runner-up in the mixed doubles with Justin Howlett.
The ladies' singles will be contested at a later date.
Club person of the year award went to D team captain Monty Montacute, whose team also gained promotion.
It is hoped the tournament for the Frank Weston Trophy will be held on Sunday, October 5, at 10am. This is to be confirmed.
The winter league matches start on September 28, and club members are reminded that there will only be one court available on match days.