Bowler gets an England call
Ian Catchpole of Worlingham (pictured below) has been called up to the Bowls England U25s international team.At Llanddudno Wells, Wales he will play in the home international series.
Ian Catchpole of Worlingham (pictured below) has been called up to the Bowls England U25s international team.
At Llanddudno Wells, Wales he will play in the home international series. He was a squad member for last year's series which was played in Scotland.
Catchpole plays outdoors at the Halesworth Angel BC in the Lowestoft Area League and at the Beccles Indoor Club.
After becoming the Suffolk U25s champion, in the last month, Ian has represented Suffolk at the national U25s finals at Worthing, where he lost to David Roe of Cornwall, a current England international.
You may also want to watch:
Catchpole will be only the second Suffolk player to have played for England at this level, the last being Mark Royal who was world No 2 in 1999.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown