Bowls team in county final
BECCLES reached the final of the Men's County League on Sunday when they beat Sole Bay A by 17 shots.They therefore leapfrogged Sole Bay A who had headed the section before the game and remained in front of Ipswich, who were also in contention for a place in the final.
BECCLES reached the final of the Men's County League on Sunday when they beat Sole Bay A by 17 shots.
They therefore leapfrogged Sole Bay A who had headed the section before the game and remained in front of Ipswich, who were also in contention for a place in the final.
Rink scores home: L Winterton, P Clarke, D Francis, M Cole 21; P Baggott 16.G Catchpole, K Monk, S Cook, I Catchpole 22; A Brunton 12.
Away: N Plant, D Richmond, C Moore, J Knights 11; J Summons 17.T Gaze, S Greenslade, A Clarke, D Wood 19; A Buck 11.
You may also want to watch:
The final score was 73-56 with Beccles gaining six points.
The final will be at Ipswich against the winners of the West Zone on Saturday, March 21 at 10am.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 9 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 10 Pickup truck, trailer and quad bike stolen from rural property
This Sunday, the Mixed County League A team will be hoping to follow up the men's team success by reaching the Mixed League final.
In their last game against Felixstowe, Beccles A need three points to be certain of a place in the final on Sunday, March 29 at Risbygate.
The B Team should have faced Sole Bay A on Sunday but the game has been postponed because Sole Bay A could not field a team.
Last weekend the Ladies County semi-finals were played at Haverhill. There were mixed fortunes for Beccles players.
In the Mixed Triples, Kirsty Clarke, Shaun Cook and Mark Cole lost to John Rednall's Ipswich triple. However, Kirsty had the consolation of winning through to the Ladies Four Wood Singles final.
In the Two Wood singles, both Georgina Marwood and Louise Catchpole lost their semi-finals, but Louise was then joined in the pairs by Tracey Topple and together they reached the pairs final.
In the Junior Champion of Champion Singles, Lauren Clarke lost out in her semi-final, but the experienced Ladies Fours quartet of Margaret Moore, June Plant, Barbara Capon and Doreen Pye won their semi-final.
The finals are being played at Meadlands Stowmarket over the weekend of March 21 and 22.