Boxing Day run invitation
Bungay Black Dog Running Club have issued an open invitiation to runners to take part in their annual Boxing Day cross country run run on Bungay Common.
The start of the race, at 10.30am, is by the lake and takes runners across fields to the riverside. Competitors follow the river and then head back across fields towards the common, where they then follow paths back to the lake.
There are trophies for first, second and third placed males and females in all age categories and adult races.
The race is divided into two, with a one lap race (two-and-a-half miles) for juniors aged nine and over and a two lap race (five miles) for adults who want a bigger challenge.
The race welcomes both serious and fun runners and this year there is a trophy for the best fancy dress runner and also the muddiest runner.
You may also want to watch:
The route may be wet and muddy and suitable footwear should be used.
The race is becoming very popular so arrive in good time. Registration will open at 9.40am.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge