Boxing Day run invitation
Bungay Black Dog Running Club have issued an open invitiation to runners to take part in their annual Boxing Day cross country run run on Bungay Common.
The start of the race, at 10.30am, is by the lake and takes runners across fields to the riverside. Competitors follow the river and then head back across fields towards the common, where they then follow paths back to the lake.
There are trophies for first, second and third placed males and females in all age categories and adult races.
The race is divided into two, with a one lap race (two-and-a-half miles) for juniors aged nine and over and a two lap race (five miles) for adults who want a bigger challenge.
The race welcomes both serious and fun runners and this year there is a trophy for the best fancy dress runner and also the muddiest runner.
You may also want to watch:
The route may be wet and muddy and suitable footwear should be used.
The race is becoming very popular so arrive in good time. Registration will open at 9.40am.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 5 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 6 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death