Boxing Day run invitation
Bungay Black Dog Running Club have issued an open invitiation to runners to take part in their annual Boxing Day cross country run run on Bungay Common.
The start of the race, at 10.30am, is by the lake and takes runners across fields to the riverside. Competitors follow the river and then head back across fields towards the common, where they then follow paths back to the lake.
There are trophies for first, second and third placed males and females in all age categories and adult races.
The race is divided into two, with a one lap race (two-and-a-half miles) for juniors aged nine and over and a two lap race (five miles) for adults who want a bigger challenge.
The race welcomes both serious and fun runners and this year there is a trophy for the best fancy dress runner and also the muddiest runner.
You may also want to watch:
The route may be wet and muddy and suitable footwear should be used.
The race is becoming very popular so arrive in good time. Registration will open at 9.40am.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch