Boxing Day run invitation
Bungay Black Dog Running Club have issued an open invitiation to runners to take part in their annual Boxing Day cross country run run on Bungay Common.
The start of the race, at 10.30am, is by the lake and takes runners across fields to the riverside. Competitors follow the river and then head back across fields towards the common, where they then follow paths back to the lake.
There are trophies for first, second and third placed males and females in all age categories and adult races.
The race is divided into two, with a one lap race (two-and-a-half miles) for juniors aged nine and over and a two lap race (five miles) for adults who want a bigger challenge.
The race welcomes both serious and fun runners and this year there is a trophy for the best fancy dress runner and also the muddiest runner.
You may also want to watch:
The route may be wet and muddy and suitable footwear should be used.
The race is becoming very popular so arrive in good time. Registration will open at 9.40am.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 10 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears