Boys and girls combine well
BECCLES Middle Year 6 footballers travelled to Carrow Road to play in the FITC Cup. This unique competition where the girls play the first half and boys play the second half, saw Beccles grouped with teams from all round Norfolk.
BECCLES Middle Year 6 footballers travelled to Carrow Road to play in the FITC Cup.
This unique competition where the girls play the first half and boys play the second half, saw Beccles grouped with teams from all round Norfolk.
In the first game Beccles played Notre Dame Prep and the girls played some good passing football and soon scored through Shannon.
Amelia and Amy (2) added further goals to give the Beccles team a 4-0 lead at half-time. The second half saw the boys continue the scoring with George R, George B, James G and George M all scoring. Beccles eventually ran out 8-0 winners.
You may also want to watch:
In the second game, Beccles beat a strong Ormesby Village side 4-1.
The girls continued their good form by taking the lead through Shannon but were soon pegged back by a long range shot, ending 1-1 at half-time. The boys soon found their shooting boots and scored through James G. They continued their slick passing and went on to win 4-1 with James G scoring an excellent hat-trick.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 5 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 6 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 7 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
Beccles went into the third game full of confidence but could only manage a draw against Bunwell. The girls managed to have all the possession but failed to score.
In the second half James G continued his rich vein of form scoring to put Beccles in the lead, but a lack of concentration saw Bunwell equalise.
In the final game Beccles knew they needed to win to be sure of the winners slot but after a lot of hard work the girls found themselves 2-0 down at half-time against a strong Rackheath side.
The boys came out firing and soon wiped the two goals out with James G and George M scoring.
Once the nerves were settled the goals rained in and Beccles won a super game 5-3. George M scoring three and top scorer James G got two.
Beccles finished top of their group and now qualify for the Champions Day at Carrow Park on Wednesday, February 25.
The team can be proud of their efforts on a cold, wet and windy day.