Bulls just lose out
BECCLES RUFC started their 15-a-side season with a squad match against a Norwich second team. Beccles were able to give about 30 players a good run-out before the new season and just lost 27-24 in a close game.
BECCLES RUFC started their 15-a-side season with a squad match against a Norwich second team.
Beccles were able to give about 30 players a good run-out before the new season and just lost 27-24 in a close game.
Beccles started with close to their strongest side. They soon had Norwich under pressure and scored a try to take the lead. This was soon followed by a try for Rob Wilson from a new penalty move. Before the end of the first quarter Norwich were able to pull a try back.
The Bulls changed their team for the second quarter and continued to play some good rugby. The pacey Norwich backs began to find some space and added three tries before half-time.
In the third quarter Beccles again dominated and were awarded with another try when Johnstone crashed through to score. Murray added the conversion.
Norwich stretched their lead at the start of the final quarter with another try. However, it was Beccles who finished on top when Frost intercepted a pass and streaked away to score under the posts.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 4 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 5 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 6 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
Murray added the conversion and this gave a final score of 27-24 in favour of Norwich.