Bulls just lose out
BECCLES RUFC started their 15-a-side season with a squad match against a Norwich second team. Beccles were able to give about 30 players a good run-out before the new season and just lost 27-24 in a close game.
BECCLES RUFC started their 15-a-side season with a squad match against a Norwich second team.
Beccles were able to give about 30 players a good run-out before the new season and just lost 27-24 in a close game.
Beccles started with close to their strongest side. They soon had Norwich under pressure and scored a try to take the lead. This was soon followed by a try for Rob Wilson from a new penalty move. Before the end of the first quarter Norwich were able to pull a try back.
The Bulls changed their team for the second quarter and continued to play some good rugby. The pacey Norwich backs began to find some space and added three tries before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the third quarter Beccles again dominated and were awarded with another try when Johnstone crashed through to score. Murray added the conversion.
Norwich stretched their lead at the start of the final quarter with another try. However, it was Beccles who finished on top when Frost intercepted a pass and streaked away to score under the posts.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
Murray added the conversion and this gave a final score of 27-24 in favour of Norwich.