Bulls just lose out
BECCLES RUFC started their 15-a-side season with a squad match against a Norwich second team. Beccles were able to give about 30 players a good run-out before the new season and just lost 27-24 in a close game.
BECCLES RUFC started their 15-a-side season with a squad match against a Norwich second team.
Beccles were able to give about 30 players a good run-out before the new season and just lost 27-24 in a close game.
Beccles started with close to their strongest side. They soon had Norwich under pressure and scored a try to take the lead. This was soon followed by a try for Rob Wilson from a new penalty move. Before the end of the first quarter Norwich were able to pull a try back.
The Bulls changed their team for the second quarter and continued to play some good rugby. The pacey Norwich backs began to find some space and added three tries before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the third quarter Beccles again dominated and were awarded with another try when Johnstone crashed through to score. Murray added the conversion.
Norwich stretched their lead at the start of the final quarter with another try. However, it was Beccles who finished on top when Frost intercepted a pass and streaked away to score under the posts.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Murray added the conversion and this gave a final score of 27-24 in favour of Norwich.