Bungay & Waveney Valley’s New Year competition a closely contested affair
- Credit: Archant
Bungay & Waveney Valley golfers began the New Year with 23 teams participating in a Texas Scramble competition.
In a keenly contested competition on what was a pleasant day there was very little to separate the teams in contention for the top prize.
In the end the winners were the ladies’ captain Heather Squirrell, her husband Alan, plus Amanda and Andrew Collison, the club’s professional and director of golf.
Following the Scramble the new men’s captain Steve Rowe had his Drive-in to start off his year and managed a drive of 232 yards.
Members raised £139 towards his charity — the Motor Neurone Disease Association - by guessing the distance Steve would hit the ball and Ray Holland got the closest.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Bungay & Waveney Valley Golf Club visit www.bungaygc.co.uk or ring 01986 892337.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Popular museum gears up for weekend reopening
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus