Bungay & Waveney Valley’s New Year competition a closely contested affair
- Credit: Archant
Bungay & Waveney Valley golfers began the New Year with 23 teams participating in a Texas Scramble competition.
In a keenly contested competition on what was a pleasant day there was very little to separate the teams in contention for the top prize.
In the end the winners were the ladies’ captain Heather Squirrell, her husband Alan, plus Amanda and Andrew Collison, the club’s professional and director of golf.
Following the Scramble the new men’s captain Steve Rowe had his Drive-in to start off his year and managed a drive of 232 yards.
Members raised £139 towards his charity — the Motor Neurone Disease Association - by guessing the distance Steve would hit the ball and Ray Holland got the closest.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Bungay & Waveney Valley Golf Club visit www.bungaygc.co.uk or ring 01986 892337.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 4 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 5 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 8 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 9 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more