Bungay & Waveney Valley’s New Year competition a closely contested affair
- Credit: Archant
Bungay & Waveney Valley golfers began the New Year with 23 teams participating in a Texas Scramble competition.
In a keenly contested competition on what was a pleasant day there was very little to separate the teams in contention for the top prize.
In the end the winners were the ladies’ captain Heather Squirrell, her husband Alan, plus Amanda and Andrew Collison, the club’s professional and director of golf.
Following the Scramble the new men’s captain Steve Rowe had his Drive-in to start off his year and managed a drive of 232 yards.
Members raised £139 towards his charity — the Motor Neurone Disease Association - by guessing the distance Steve would hit the ball and Ray Holland got the closest.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Bungay & Waveney Valley Golf Club visit www.bungaygc.co.uk or ring 01986 892337.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency