Bungay centre improved
IT has been a busy summer at the Bungay and District Community Sports Centre at the Maltings Meadow in Ditchingham.Two major building and activity construction projects have been proceeding all summer and they are both now nearing completion.
IT has been a busy summer at the Bungay and District Community Sports Centre at the Maltings Meadow in Ditchingham.
Two major building and activity construction projects have been proceeding all summer and they are both now nearing completion.
The last few months has seen the construction of a new extension to the existing social area to create a modern function space capable of seating 110 people in comfort.
The existing steel frame structure of this modern designer building has been matched, but a warm, friendly appeal has been created using light wood finishes and picture windows to allow great views of the sports grounds and the surrounding marsh land.
You may also want to watch:
This new extension will allow the centre to attract more family celebrations such as birthday parties, weddings and special anniversaries in addition to expanding the range of sports-based events that the centre is able to present.
In addition to the work that has been undertaken to the sports building itself, the Sports Association has attracted funding from the Community Spaces Fund to create an outdoor activity track and gymnasium.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 5 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 6 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 7 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 8 Multi-million pound river barrier to protect Broads being considered
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
This project, aimed at the whole community, has created a hard-surfaced track around the main football pitch suitable for recreational cycling, jogging or rollerskating etc in a safe, off-road location.
The project also involves the installation of a group of items of outdoor exercise equipment suitable for use by young and old alike, with the two schemes linked together to provide a free-to-use exercise area available to the whole community.
The installation of cycle racks at the sports centre in Ditchingham this summer also underlines a commitment to reducing the carbon footprint of sports activity in Bungay. Even if a few more people cycle to their place of sport instead of driving, the overall reduction of greenhouse gas emissions will be significant.
The project launch of this new outdoor gymnasium will hopefully be in late autumn.