Bungay centre improved
IT has been a busy summer at the Bungay and District Community Sports Centre at the Maltings Meadow in Ditchingham.Two major building and activity construction projects have been proceeding all summer and they are both now nearing completion.
IT has been a busy summer at the Bungay and District Community Sports Centre at the Maltings Meadow in Ditchingham.
Two major building and activity construction projects have been proceeding all summer and they are both now nearing completion.
The last few months has seen the construction of a new extension to the existing social area to create a modern function space capable of seating 110 people in comfort.
The existing steel frame structure of this modern designer building has been matched, but a warm, friendly appeal has been created using light wood finishes and picture windows to allow great views of the sports grounds and the surrounding marsh land.
You may also want to watch:
This new extension will allow the centre to attract more family celebrations such as birthday parties, weddings and special anniversaries in addition to expanding the range of sports-based events that the centre is able to present.
In addition to the work that has been undertaken to the sports building itself, the Sports Association has attracted funding from the Community Spaces Fund to create an outdoor activity track and gymnasium.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
This project, aimed at the whole community, has created a hard-surfaced track around the main football pitch suitable for recreational cycling, jogging or rollerskating etc in a safe, off-road location.
The project also involves the installation of a group of items of outdoor exercise equipment suitable for use by young and old alike, with the two schemes linked together to provide a free-to-use exercise area available to the whole community.
The installation of cycle racks at the sports centre in Ditchingham this summer also underlines a commitment to reducing the carbon footprint of sports activity in Bungay. Even if a few more people cycle to their place of sport instead of driving, the overall reduction of greenhouse gas emissions will be significant.
The project launch of this new outdoor gymnasium will hopefully be in late autumn.