Bungay Golf Club ladies’ Mail win
GOLF: Bungay Ladies drew Gorleston Ladies in their round of the Mail on Sunday competition, played at Gorleston.
The five singles matches were closely fought, resulting in 2� points each team. This resulted in Liz Jeary and Debbie Jary playing extra holes, halving the 19th and finally Liz sunk the putt at the 20th to give Bungay a win.
Results: C Ashe lost 1 down to J Parsons, J Moore halved with H Harvey, J Cadge won 2 and 1 to M Dark, A Neilsen lost to P Platten and Liz Jeary, 1 up against D Jary
Meanwhile, Bungay Veterans have been fortunate to secure three sponsors for their Vets’ Open and Invitation events for 2011.
The Open, which takes place on Wednesday, June 22 at the Bungay course, is again sponsored by Brewin Dolphin. Richard Larner, of Brewin Dolphin, said: “We are again pleased to be associated with this event, which proves to be, year on year, an enjoyable event for both participants and sponsors alike, in fact this will be our fourth year of sponsoring the Vets’ Open, at Bungay.”
You may also want to watch:
The Vet’s Invitation will take place in the Autumn, for the first time, on Thursday, September 29, and has been supported again by two old friends, GSL Dardan, the main event, and Smith & Pinching the two nearest the pins.
Chair of Bungay Vets, Trevor Bond said: “Both Mark Duffy, of GSL Dardan and Teresa Henderson-Smith of Smith & Pinching, have been great supporters of our club, at all levels and, in these times of economic cutbacks their help is greatly appreciated and helps to make the day even more enjoyable for those taking part.
- 1 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 4 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 5 Hunt continuing for man who drove at cyclist
- 6 'A long time coming' - gyms welcome people back for April 12 reopening
- 7 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 8 Crash between car and scooter on busy Norfolk road
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'This is not okay!' - Anger at waste dumped on village field
Entry forms, for the Bungay Vets’ Open, may be obtained by telephoning 01986 892337 (listen for the office option) or by e-mailing email@example.com