Bungay reflect on bowls season
The Bungay Bowls Club annual meeting saw a reasonable turnout of members who listened to reports from captains about a successful playing season and other officers who reported on the off-green activities.
They also voted for officials to serve them for the next 12 months.
Officers elected were: president: Frank Honeywood, chairman: David Shepperd, vice-chairman: Peter Rix, club, men’s and Halesworth B team captain: Roger Bullen, club vice-captain: Derek Hinsley, secretary and Benacre League captain: Ian Gosling, treasurer and catering manageress: Judy Gosling, tournament organisers: Dominic Belisario and Ian Gosling, benevolent warden: Stella Minns, general committee: Jimmy Caplin, Jim Reid, Gilly Angus and David Simpkin.
In order to accommodate county affiliation fee deadlines members are reminded that at least �15 of the higher subscription fee (�30) is payable by now for the 2011 season.
Junior and associated members’ subscriptions remain unchanged at �10 and �5, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are now available from the secretary at a cost of �12 for the club’s annual dinner and presentation evening to be held at the Flixton Buck on Saturday, November 17.
Members are also reminded to support the monthly jumble sales starting with tomorrow’s event at the pavilion between 9am and 11am.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 9 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 10 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town