Bungay reflect on bowls season
The Bungay Bowls Club annual meeting saw a reasonable turnout of members who listened to reports from captains about a successful playing season and other officers who reported on the off-green activities.
They also voted for officials to serve them for the next 12 months.
Officers elected were: president: Frank Honeywood, chairman: David Shepperd, vice-chairman: Peter Rix, club, men’s and Halesworth B team captain: Roger Bullen, club vice-captain: Derek Hinsley, secretary and Benacre League captain: Ian Gosling, treasurer and catering manageress: Judy Gosling, tournament organisers: Dominic Belisario and Ian Gosling, benevolent warden: Stella Minns, general committee: Jimmy Caplin, Jim Reid, Gilly Angus and David Simpkin.
In order to accommodate county affiliation fee deadlines members are reminded that at least �15 of the higher subscription fee (�30) is payable by now for the 2011 season.
Junior and associated members’ subscriptions remain unchanged at �10 and �5, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are now available from the secretary at a cost of �12 for the club’s annual dinner and presentation evening to be held at the Flixton Buck on Saturday, November 17.
Members are also reminded to support the monthly jumble sales starting with tomorrow’s event at the pavilion between 9am and 11am.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published