Bungay review a volley good year
BUNGAY Tennis Club reviewed a successful year at its annual meeting at the Maltings Meadow clubhouse.A-team captain, Juliet Whyte said the team had won promotion to Division Three of the Lowestoft and District League, though it would be tough in the higher division next season.
BUNGAY Tennis Club reviewed a successful year at its annual meeting at the Maltings Meadow clubhouse.
A-team captain, Juliet Whyte said the team had won promotion to Division Three of the Lowestoft and District League, though it would be tough in the higher division next season. And B-team captain Lynn Caswell said the team had finished halfway in Division Four, which was a commendable performance.
Treasurer Paul Cunningham said subscriptions had brought in over �1,000 for the season, with some of that being spent on an extra club night.
He said the club was in its best health for several years, and much of that was due to the chairman, Chris Caswell, who had done a very good job in his first year in the role.
Senior subscriptions were fixed at �80 for the season - a rise of �20, but with club night contributions being dropped there would be a net gain financially for members. Students subscriptions would remain at �40 and juniors at �20.
A Head racket demonstration day was being held at the courts on March 20, with free coaching, and all standards were welcome. The summer playing season will begin on Thursday, April 8, with club tournaments fixed for July.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 7 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 8 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
The club's annual quiz night will be on April 10, at 7.30pm, with teams of four welcome to take part at �6 a head, the price including food.
Officers elected: president, Terry Reeve; chairman, Chris Caswell; Lowestoft League team captain, Juliet Whyte; Norwich Men's League captain, Terry Reeve; secretary, Sarah Watts; treasurer, Paul Cunningham; tournament organiser, Paul Cunningham; committee, Craig Frost, Becky King, Ian Sadler; BDSA representatives, Paul Cunningham, Juliet Whyte, Bob Prior.