Bungay win by big runs margin
Bungay moved back up to third in Norfolk League Division One with a confident display against a below-strength Beccles A side, winning by 156 runs.After their recent problems batting second it was a welcome relief to win the toss and bat first on a bright day on a slow-looking pitch.
Bungay moved back up to third in Norfolk League Division One with a confident display against a below-strength Beccles A side, winning by 156 runs.
After their recent problems batting second it was a welcome relief to win the toss and bat first on a bright day on a slow-looking pitch.
The home side bowled well early on but got little reward until Andrews removed S Smith for nought Andrews struck again when he trapped Watts lbw for 18.
Young C Fuller joined W Lewis at the crease and the pair played solidly, both playing shots around the ground and using intelligent running to frustrate the home team's captain, N Warnes.
You may also want to watch:
The pair added 75 for the fourth wicket before Lewis chased a wide delivery and was caught for 41.
The Bungay captain joined his brothe,r who successfully passed his first 50 for the season but at 180 for 3 after 40 overs C Fuller was run out for a well made 58.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
D Davis joined his captain and launched his assault on the young Beccles attack hitting his first ball for six as he made a quick-fire 30 and Bungay closed 236 for four with D Fuller finishing 58 not out.
After the break, Beccles started positively with A Sydenham taking the attack to the Bungay bowlers. It was short-lived, however, as 15-year-old G Shipley took an excellent caught and bowled chance and then proceeded to take two further wickets.
W Lewis at the other end also bowled L Buck to leave Beccles 31 for four. The Fuller brothers then entered the attack and both took regular wickets as the Beccles line-up failed to cope with the pace of the Bungay bowling unit.
Beccles were finally dismissed in the 20th over for just 80 with Shipley the pick of the bowlers with three for 13 from five overs.