Businessmen dig deep to back Bungay Town
Bungay Town FC have been very grateful for sponsorship from three local companies this year in order to provide tracksuits for the whole club.
Waveney Mushrooms, based at Flixton; Brick, Slate & Tile, based at Seething; and Phil Burton Photography, based in Bungay, have all joined forces to provide funding to help Bungay Town FC create a club image.
Paddy Linfield, director of youth football at Bungay Town, said: “The more we grow as a club the more important we felt that creating the right image for the teams was necessary.
“In the past these youngsters would turn up at matches wearing all different gear, but now they turn up looking like a team.
“It has also helped with the expansion of the girls’ and ladies’ football section as looking like a team is the first step on the route to being a team.”
You may also want to watch:
Graham Purling, owner of Brick, Slate & Tile said: “With the construction industry struggling at the moment I needed a vehicle to get my name in front of customers.
“Sponsoring a large community football club like Bungay Town seemed the ideal opportunity.”
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 9 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 10 Brewer Adnams donated £1.4 million to Suffolk good causes
Jon Fuller, general manager of Waveney Mushrooms said: “The mushroom industry in general is promoting healthy eating and utilising mushrooms as part of a healthy diet and active lifestyle.
“Sponsoring Bungay Town, our local community football club, is our way of helping support a great opportunity for young kids to remain active.”
Phil Burton, owner of Phil Burton Photography said: “Since moving into Bungay we have tried to promote our name by helping community events and organisations.
“Sponsoring Bungay Town FC meets that criteria and also helps increase our profile within young families in the area.”
Roy Pointer, treasurer for Bungay Town FC, said: “This sponsorship was also supported by a ‘Sports Match’ application to Sport England.
“Under this scheme new grass roots sponsorship such as this is match-funded pound for pound by Sport England and obviously makes any sponsorship go twice as far.
“We are extremely grateful to these local companies for their support as we understand times are tough and obtaining sponsorship like this means giving value for money.”