Busy spell for Bungay Black Dog Running Club members
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Black Dog Running Club were on the podium at last Sunday’s annual Dereham 10 mile race.
Andrew Manning landed first place in the M50-54 age category and the women’s team of Jo Cox, Laura Devereux and Jody Donaldson took bronze in the FOver 40 category.
The full Black Dog placings were: 18 Andrew Manning 01:03.10, 34 Jon Wiles 01:05.20, Jo Cox 01:15.19, Sabrina Norton 01:18.30, 178 Laura Devereux 01:18.53, 213 Kevin Clark 01:22.27, 264 Jody Donaldson 01:27.09, 287 David Hupton 01:29.30, 297 Adrian Hunt 01:30.19, 304 Rosemarie Ball 01:31.28, 326 Lin Hunt 01:33.46, 349 Graham Sampson 01:37.28, 394 Michael Ball 01:51.32, 412 Paul Bird 02:02.45.
Equally pretty and undulating was the Halstead Marathon course in north Essex that attracted three other Black Dogs - 105, Chris Chorley 3:43.26, 183, Bobbie Sauerzapf 4:06.56 and 333, Robin Farrar 4:59.12.
Bungay club runners were also among the awards made for performances during the Suffolk Winter Cross Country League. BBDRC picked up eight trophies — the most for any one club.
You may also want to watch:
The trophy winners were: Jo Andrews (1st F40), Christine Muttitt (1st F65), Bobbie Sauerzapf (1st F55), Graham Sampson (1st M70), David Sparshott (3rd MS), Duncan Chenery (3rd M55), Holly Bunn (1st U13 girl), Ellen Lockhart (2nd U15 girl).
Among the club’s juniors, there was a championships medal for Zoe Powers in the Norfolk U13 girls’ team at the National Sportshall Championships at Manchester. Zoe Powers won an individual bronze medal in the shot with a great throw of 10.25m.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
Anna Gray and Kevin Ellis were among 685 runners enjoying a scenic course at the Alton Water reservoir 10k on the Suffolk/Essex border. Kevin Ellis ran a personal best time of 49.42 and Anna finished in 51.59.
Meanwhile, the club’s race committee has awarded its Roger Wing Trophy to partially sighted Great Yarmouth Road Runner Lisa Smith. Each year, the trophy is awarded to a runner who completes the Bungay Marathon in a manner that especially epitomises the spirit of the event.
Entries are now open for the popular annual 10k Summer Series races. They will be held on the Wednesday evenings of June 7 and 28 and July 26. Visit the club website for full details.