Busy time at Bungay GC
August saw three competitions for the junior members at Bungay and Waveney Valley Golf Club.And although the weather has not always been kind the juniors have coped admirably and achieved some good scores.
August saw three competitions for the junior members at Bungay and Waveney Valley Golf Club.
And although the weather has not always been kind the juniors have coped admirably and achieved some good scores.
In the 10-hole competitions, Ben Tipple and Harry Wilkinson played well.
The Paddy Glasheen Trophy was the first competition and this resulted with a win for Ben Wilson with 43 points.
You may also want to watch:
Results: 18 hole Stableford Competition
Division One: 1st Ben Wilson 43 points, 2nd James Shead 40,3rd Josh Austin 39.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
10-Hole Competition: 1st Ben Tipple 25.
Cubs Competition: 1st Harry Wilkinson 31.
The Junior Open for Boys (Geoffrey Watts Trophy) was supported by members from Eaton, Dereham, Aldeburgh, Thorpeness, Rookery Park and Bungay Golf Clubs. The scratch prize was won by Chris Soanes from Rookery Park with the handicap prize going to Sam Page of Bungay.
Results Gross: 1st Chris Soanes 72 (Rookery Park), 2nd Luke Thompson 73 (Rookery Park), 3rd Tom Pettifer 75 (Rookery Park).
Handicap Prize: 1st Sam Page 65 (Bungay), 2nd Will Whyte 66 (Bungay), 3rd Tom Moore 66 (Bungay).
Nearest Pin (visitors) Jamie Beeby (Dereham), Tom Moore (Home).
Schwer Team Trophy: 1 Bungay B Team, 2 Thorpeness.
This was played over 36 holes with the Judith Hood Trophy for the best gross score.
Results: 1st Luke Thompson (69 and 67), 2nd Callum Monk (72 and 69), 3rd Ian Scott (75 and 74).
Handicap Shield (best nett over two rounds): 1st Josh Austin (65 and 60), 2nd Sam Page (70 and 66), 3rd Ben Wilson (69 and 68).
Division Two 10-Hole Competition: Ben Tipple 28 points.
Cubs Competition: 1 Harry Wilkinson 31 points.