Celebration time for Thurlton
IT was celebrations all round for bowlers from Thurlton and Aldeby this weekend at the county finals held in Ipswich.Thurlton started the day with Kirsty Clarke and Shaun Cook winning the mixed pairs in great style, Kirsty, as always, led consistently well and Shaun as skip, doing whatever was asked of him to produce a great win over two very experienced bowlers from Norbridge.
IT was celebrations all round for bowlers from Thurlton and Aldeby this weekend at the county finals held in Ipswich.
Thurlton started the day with Kirsty Clarke and Shaun Cook winning the mixed pairs in great style, Kirsty, as always, led consistently well and Shaun as skip, doing whatever was asked of him to produce a great win over two very experienced bowlers from Norbridge.
Area A continued with representatives from Aldeby, Rachael and Peter Clarke with Jack Akester as skip in the mixed rinks.
They had fought their way into the final with some magnificent bowls on Saturday in a nail-biting semi-final, which had found Jack on an extra end with game against him and with his last bowl to come to save the match.
You may also want to watch:
Jack somehow found sight of the bowl, pushed it through and held the shot to put them into the final - much to the delight of the spectators who by this time must have thought the game was over.
However, the final produced a very strong triple from Stradbroke and the Aldeby trio narrowly missed bringing home the silverware.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 7 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 8 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Police dog tracks down driver hiding in a ditch after fleeing crash scene
Next onto the green was Craig Parfitt, Mark Cole and Shaun Cook playing for Thurlton in the Men's Three Bowl Triples, a very close game again producing some superb bowls with Thurlton always in command of the rink and winning well to book their place in the National finals.
Area A had further winners in Jimmy Summons (Kessingland), Mick Burley and Russell Parker (Wrentham), Maurice Hurrey and R Knight (Hoxne) who will all now represent Suffolk in the National Championships in Skegness.
Area A secretary Andrew Burch was very proud of his team who managed to take seven titles out of the 14 on offer and is looking forward to having more national champions in his area.