Celebration time for Thurlton
IT was celebrations all round for bowlers from Thurlton and Aldeby this weekend at the county finals held in Ipswich.Thurlton started the day with Kirsty Clarke and Shaun Cook winning the mixed pairs in great style, Kirsty, as always, led consistently well and Shaun as skip, doing whatever was asked of him to produce a great win over two very experienced bowlers from Norbridge.
IT was celebrations all round for bowlers from Thurlton and Aldeby this weekend at the county finals held in Ipswich.
Thurlton started the day with Kirsty Clarke and Shaun Cook winning the mixed pairs in great style, Kirsty, as always, led consistently well and Shaun as skip, doing whatever was asked of him to produce a great win over two very experienced bowlers from Norbridge.
Area A continued with representatives from Aldeby, Rachael and Peter Clarke with Jack Akester as skip in the mixed rinks.
They had fought their way into the final with some magnificent bowls on Saturday in a nail-biting semi-final, which had found Jack on an extra end with game against him and with his last bowl to come to save the match.
You may also want to watch:
Jack somehow found sight of the bowl, pushed it through and held the shot to put them into the final - much to the delight of the spectators who by this time must have thought the game was over.
However, the final produced a very strong triple from Stradbroke and the Aldeby trio narrowly missed bringing home the silverware.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
Next onto the green was Craig Parfitt, Mark Cole and Shaun Cook playing for Thurlton in the Men's Three Bowl Triples, a very close game again producing some superb bowls with Thurlton always in command of the rink and winning well to book their place in the National finals.
Area A had further winners in Jimmy Summons (Kessingland), Mick Burley and Russell Parker (Wrentham), Maurice Hurrey and R Knight (Hoxne) who will all now represent Suffolk in the National Championships in Skegness.
Area A secretary Andrew Burch was very proud of his team who managed to take seven titles out of the 14 on offer and is looking forward to having more national champions in his area.