Chairman’s Shield up for grabs at Bungay Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Bowls Club are hosting their third open tournament of the season this Sunday.
The Chairman’s Shield open triples is being sponsored, once again, by the Bungay-based property maintenance company of CA Payne and has attracted at least 16 entries.
The entry includes all of last year’s finalists.
This is headed by the winners from Norwich, entered by Ron Mitchell. Runners-up were the triple entered by Roger Bullen – a winner in 2011 – while the Terry Buck (Bungay) triple finished in third place. The latter were winners in 2015 while in fourth place were the Lowestoft Railway triple, entered by Jack Newnham, who were the tournament winners in 2012.
The host club are also represented by entries from Gilly Angus, Jim Caplin, and Richard Welch.
You may also want to watch:
Qualification matches commence at 9am with the final around 4.45pm. Spectators are welcome.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 5 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 6 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 7 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times