Chairman’s Shield up for grabs at Bungay Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Bowls Club are hosting their third open tournament of the season this Sunday.
The Chairman’s Shield open triples is being sponsored, once again, by the Bungay-based property maintenance company of CA Payne and has attracted at least 16 entries.
The entry includes all of last year’s finalists.
This is headed by the winners from Norwich, entered by Ron Mitchell. Runners-up were the triple entered by Roger Bullen – a winner in 2011 – while the Terry Buck (Bungay) triple finished in third place. The latter were winners in 2015 while in fourth place were the Lowestoft Railway triple, entered by Jack Newnham, who were the tournament winners in 2012.
The host club are also represented by entries from Gilly Angus, Jim Caplin, and Richard Welch.
You may also want to watch:
Qualification matches commence at 9am with the final around 4.45pm. Spectators are welcome.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day