Chairman’s Shield up for grabs at Bungay Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Bowls Club are hosting their third open tournament of the season this Sunday.
The Chairman’s Shield open triples is being sponsored, once again, by the Bungay-based property maintenance company of CA Payne and has attracted at least 16 entries.
The entry includes all of last year’s finalists.
This is headed by the winners from Norwich, entered by Ron Mitchell. Runners-up were the triple entered by Roger Bullen – a winner in 2011 – while the Terry Buck (Bungay) triple finished in third place. The latter were winners in 2015 while in fourth place were the Lowestoft Railway triple, entered by Jack Newnham, who were the tournament winners in 2012.
The host club are also represented by entries from Gilly Angus, Jim Caplin, and Richard Welch.
You may also want to watch:
Qualification matches commence at 9am with the final around 4.45pm. Spectators are welcome.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight