Chairman’s Shield up for grabs at Bungay Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Bowls Club are hosting their third open tournament of the season this Sunday.
The Chairman’s Shield open triples is being sponsored, once again, by the Bungay-based property maintenance company of CA Payne and has attracted at least 16 entries.
The entry includes all of last year’s finalists.
This is headed by the winners from Norwich, entered by Ron Mitchell. Runners-up were the triple entered by Roger Bullen – a winner in 2011 – while the Terry Buck (Bungay) triple finished in third place. The latter were winners in 2015 while in fourth place were the Lowestoft Railway triple, entered by Jack Newnham, who were the tournament winners in 2012.
The host club are also represented by entries from Gilly Angus, Jim Caplin, and Richard Welch.
You may also want to watch:
Qualification matches commence at 9am with the final around 4.45pm. Spectators are welcome.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing