Changes for Hales Colts
Hales Cricket Club have a busy November, with a presentation Dinner on November 13 at the White Horse at 7pm, youth presentation Night at the Jubilee Hall, Loddon on November 20 at 7pm and the club’s annual meeting on November 23 at the White Horse at 7.45pm.
Youth nets will run through the winter months. The club are changing its structure for 2011, with the Colts side withdrawing from Norfolk League Division Eight.
Manager of youth cricket Pete Dye said: “With real reluctance we will be withdrawing our side for now, but certainly hope to rejoin within a couple of years.
“We will be playing Saturday, Sunday and midweek Colts games, so there will be plenty of longer cricket available to our young players.
“But some of the experience of last season means we have to protect and go down a different route for our young players, with a view to re-joining when the age of the side has increased.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a positive response from schools and clubs, with any other teams wanting to have midweek or weekend Colts game welcome.”
n Contact Pete on 07931 711323 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside