Charity match now annual event
FOR the past five years, a select Bungay Town FC has entertained Gorleston FC in a charity football match for the British Heart Foundation.In 2002 Joshua Talbot, son of Kevin Talbot of Bungay Town FC, lost his mum, Joanne Lockwood of Gorleston, to a heart attack.
FOR the past five years, a select Bungay Town FC has entertained Gorleston FC in a charity football match for the British Heart Foundation.
In 2002 Joshua Talbot, son of Kevin Talbot of Bungay Town FC, lost his mum, Joanne Lockwood of Gorleston, to a heart attack. In her memory this football game has been arranged as an annual event.
Robert Fleck, former Norwich City player, has very kindly taken part in these games every year and presented the shield to the winning team.
This year's game will be at Bungay Town FC this Sunday, May 18 (kick-off 12 noon).
You may also want to watch:
There will be a barbecue and raffle, prizes donated by local businesses and a “Crossbar Challenge” at half-time. Admission by a £2 donation by adults towards the British Heart Foundation.
The match ball has been sponsored by ex-Canary, now Peterborough FC keeper Joe Lewis. Please come along and support us on the day.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge