Close finishes in gala
The Beccles Town Swimming Club Regatta took place on Wednesday, July 2 with good success and a great turnout of swimmers. This year the annual competition was sponsored by Goldline Travel, and a total of 45 swimmers took part competing in three age groups.
The Beccles Town Swimming Club Regatta took place on Wednesday, July 2 with good success and a great turnout of swimmers.
This year the annual competition was sponsored by Goldline Travel, and a total of 45 swimmers took part competing in three age groups.
The men's open age group was won by Robert Beaumont, pipping last year's winner Jonny Harrison at the finish, with Russell Rookyard taking third place.
In the girls' open, Rachel Doran came in with a comfortable victory leaving Zanna Yallop (second) and Sarah Kirby (third) to battle it out for the other top three places.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Bailey returned to the Bungay pool for the night to take the win in the boys 14 and under age group with Thomas Taylor taking second just ahead of William Pye in third.
The girls 14/u saw the closest race with Jenny Seman taking first place fby one hundredth of a second ahead of second placed Philippa Doran.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
Ellen Nelson took third and Sophie Podd fourth, all four swimmers finishing within a second of each other.
The youngest age group, the 11/u, saw in the boys' section a good win for Charles Lees who beat team-mate Robert Thurtell into second. Dalton Yallop completed the top three.
For the girls, Nina Bircham finished less than a second ahead of Jenny Beevor with Amy Howell finishing closely behind in third spot.