Club salutes its young cricketers
HALES Cricket Club held its youth presentation night at the Jubilee Hall, Loddon, with awards being presented by club sponsor Derek Barnard and former chairman David Pearce in front of a good turnout of players and parents.
The awards were: U8 coaches’ award Felix Skelton; U8 John Francis player of the season Josh Etteridge; most improved girl Ellie Hagen; outstanding girl cricketer Rebecca Warnes (Pearce Cup).
U10 coaches’ award Ben Thurtell; U10 John Francis most improved Kieron Hagen; U10 Ex-Press Plastics player of year Richard Cook.
U11 coaches’ award Charlie Duffield; U11 John Francis most improved Oscar Skelton; U11 player of season Sam Ford (Dye Shield).
U13 coaches’ award Ryan Claxton; U13 John Francis most improved Ollie and Jake Turnell; U13 Player of season Chris Read ( Watson shield).
You may also want to watch:
U15 coaches’ award Jake Rolph; U15 John Francis most improved Liam Jones; U15 player of the season Mark Minns (Southgate Shield).
Outstanding performance of season Chris Read (5-5); junior clubman Liam Jones (Pearce Shield).
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 7 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
Colts coaches’ award Robbie Killgallen; Colts bowler Josh Pitcher (Barnard Sports Cup); Colts batsman Ciaran Warnes (Barnard Sports Cup); Colts player of season Issac Rolph (Barnard Sports).
Sidney Spooner, Alex Jary, Robbie Saint Stewart and Morgan Rusted were presented with a cricket ball, with certificate of merit, given to all children who attended and passed the coaching programme for 2010.
Marie Jones was presented with a bouquet for her outstanding efforts throughout the season and Pete Dye received a trophy from sponsor Derek Barnard on behalf of the parents and players for his efforts with all the youth sides.
Manager of youth cricket Pete Dye thanked the players and parents for another good year’s work.
He announced that indoor nets will start at Loddon after Christmas on Thursday, January 6, from 6 to 8pm.
The club are grateful to Karen Knights and Leigh Turner, who produced an excellent table of food, with Neil and his team at the Jubilee Club providing a good night.