Comfortable win takes Topcroft 21 points clear at top of Norfolk Alliance Division Two
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Topcroft moved 21 points clear at the top of Norfolk Alliance Division Two after beating Saham Toney by six wickets.
After winning the toss and putting Saham in to bat Topcroft made good progress, with James Nobbs (3-20) being the main destructor and Ian Todd (2-38) also impressing with a couple of late wickets.
With the other bowlers being hard to get away, the Sahem Toney score was restricted to 171-7.
In reply Jacob Rhodes (26) and Harry Windridge (35) created a solid foundation, with Matthew Babington (29) and Henry Parkinson (22) coming in at the end to finish the job off with 14 overs to spare.
Topcroft are away to third placed Hethersett and Tas Valley tomorrow (1pm).
You may also want to watch:
Topcroft seconds hosted Bradfield A trying to improve their promotion chances in Division Six but it wasn’t to be, With overs reduced due to potentially heavy rain, J Block (36) and K Springall (19) gave Topcroft a solid start while A Conway (29 not out) and C Ellis (30 not out) helped get the home side get up to a respectable 188-6.
With P Abbs starring for Bradfield with an unbeaten 107 J P Andrews (1-41), L Ellis (1-15) and C Ellis (1-41) were the only ones to chip away at the batting line-up but couldn’t stem the flow as Bradfield won by seven wickets.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 8 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 9 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
Topcroft thirds, still chasing promotion, helped themselves to 23 points against Great Melton, bowling them out for 137 with J Reeder (3-33), I Delf (2-28) and H Van Zanten (2-30) doing the damage and restricting the total to a 137-8.
T Westgate (57 not out) and B Davey (28 not out) did the main chunk of run chasing to ease the team to a seven wicket victory.
The U13s lost to Horsford by 13 runs. Topcroft bowled first, with J Reeder, L Reeder, B Waters and R James all taking one wicket apiece.
Four ducks in the Topcroft side didn’t help with L Reeder (13) top scoring.
On Sunday Topcroft will be holding their annual Under 10 tournament. Joining two teams from the hosts will be Garboldisham, Hethersett & Tas Valley, Norwich, Blundeston and Great Ellingham. The event is being sponsored by JBL Cricket Academy run by the club’s head coach Jon Block.
Topcroft are also hosting a Ladies’ Softball Cricket Festival next Tuesday at 6pm.