Competition all set to start
FOOTBALL: This year’s Bungay Charity Cup competition – the 75th year it has been played – gets under way at the Maltings Meadow on Tuesday evening with the first of the first-round matches, when Barsham take on Westhall at 7.30pm.
All matches in the Charity Cup will take place under the Maltings Meadow floodlights this year, thanks to the co-operation of the Bungay and District Sports Association and Bungay Town FC.
Other first-round matches are: February 8, Earsham v Bungay Reserves; February 15, Ellingham v (opponents to be confirmed); February 22, Norton Athletic v Beccles Caxton.
The semi-final draw is: Ellingham or opponents v Norton or Beccles Caxton (to be played on April 22); Barsham or Westhall v Earsham or Bungay Reserves (April 29).
The final will take place on Friday, May 6.
You may also want to watch:
The Charity Cup committee is always looking for good causes or charitable projects it can help from its funds.
If you have a suggestion, contact chairman Jimmy Deacon on 01986 894629 for more details.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch