Competition all set to start
FOOTBALL: This year’s Bungay Charity Cup competition – the 75th year it has been played – gets under way at the Maltings Meadow on Tuesday evening with the first of the first-round matches, when Barsham take on Westhall at 7.30pm.
All matches in the Charity Cup will take place under the Maltings Meadow floodlights this year, thanks to the co-operation of the Bungay and District Sports Association and Bungay Town FC.
Other first-round matches are: February 8, Earsham v Bungay Reserves; February 15, Ellingham v (opponents to be confirmed); February 22, Norton Athletic v Beccles Caxton.
The semi-final draw is: Ellingham or opponents v Norton or Beccles Caxton (to be played on April 22); Barsham or Westhall v Earsham or Bungay Reserves (April 29).
The final will take place on Friday, May 6.
You may also want to watch:
The Charity Cup committee is always looking for good causes or charitable projects it can help from its funds.
If you have a suggestion, contact chairman Jimmy Deacon on 01986 894629 for more details.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more