Cool double by striker as Bungay Ladies claim useful Brandon victory
- Credit: Archant
Bungay Ladies started the brightly and were soon in Brandon’s half, testing their defence. Brandon kept composed though and were passing the ball well in midfield.
The first break of the game came for the visitors when Bungay striker Stef Cool’s low shot was parried by the Brandon keeper. The ball was collected by Laura Holden whose second attempt on goal evaded the keeper for 1-0.
Bungay kept on the pressure and were pinning back Brandon into their own half, sending in several wide balls to the edge of the box which were successfully cleared.
Then in the 13th minute, from a Bungay corner, the ball fell to centre back Jess Keeling but was headed high over the bar.
On 30 minutes Holden raced forward crossing the ball to Nicky Hazell who fired it goalwards from long range but saw it sail over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
In the dying seconds of the first half Cool got through on goal again and fired a low shot which was comfortably collected by Brandon’s keeper.
As the second half began Brandon pressed forward, immediately putting Bungay’s defence under pressure. But Bungay’s back line were solid and cleared their lines well. A real battle was now emerging in midfield, with both sides trying to find a way through towards goal.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
After 20 minutes Holden drove forward past two Brandon players and laid the ball off to Cool who doubled Bungay’s lead.
Three minutes later another through ball by Holden saw Nicky Hazell fire over the bar.
Bungay were starting to dominate once more and another run from midfield by Ella Hindley resulted in a curling shot straight into the Brandon’s keepers hands.
After 76 minutes it was Holden again who played a ball through to the far post which resulted in the ball being rolled into the net from short range by Cool for 3-0.
Brandon kept their composure despite the scoreline and were still battling hard in the middle of the pitch, but another solo break by Cool saw her shot fired high over the bar. And two minutes from time a further shot came from Cool but tiring legs on a heavy pitch meant it lacked power and was easily saved by the Brandon keeper to leave the final score 3-0 to Bungay.