Countdown to Great East Run
THE countdown has started to the 20k Great East Run on Sunday, starting at 11am. The race, which this year celebrates its 10th anniversary, starts and finishes at Bungay Sports Centre, where full facilities are available for runners.
THE countdown has started to the 20k Great East Run on Sunday, starting at 11am.
The race, which this year celebrates its 10th anniversary, starts and finishes at Bungay Sports Centre, where full facilities are available for runners.
For the first time BARR Graded chip timing (gun time) will be used.
Entries are up on last year and the weather does not seem to have put off all those hardy runners who have trained for months to compete in this popular race.
You may also want to watch:
In fact, there is the added attraction of �100 if they break the course record, which stands at 62:31 for male and 77:22 for female. But nobody will be a loser on Sunday as all finishers will receive a bespoke medal and goody bag full of all sorts of surprises. Entries will be taken on the day up to 10.15am.
The organisers have thanked Elgoods for their continuing support as major sponsor.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
Their logo is appropriately a black dog and they brew Black Dog Mild, a favourite with dark ale drinkers.
Elgoods is an independent family brewery which has stood on the same site for over 200 years. It is now run by the fifth generation of Elgoods, who mashed their first brew in 1878, and remains an important aspect of Wisbech's continuing commercial history.
The event has many other sponsors and the committee especially thanked them and particularly Sanderling Internet www.sanderling.co.uk for their continued support with the event's website www.greateastrun.org.uk
For those runners not fit enough for this weekend, don't forget the Bungay Marathon, Half Marathon and Fun Run on Sunday, April 19 at Maltings Meadow.
Visit www.bungay-marathon.co.uk for more details.