Crews in close races
Buckenham Sailing Club’s Open winter series got off to a cold, blustery start on Sunday, with one of the highest spring tides of the year.
Spectators were wondering if they should get the sandbags out to keep their feet dry! There was close competition in both races.
In the Tangier Trophy race, RS Vision Natterjack sailed by Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell had a comfortable lead from the start and held their place on corrected time ahead of Jim Frost in his Phantom, Skylark.Phil Gooch took third spot in his Supernova.
Topper sailors Hannah and Joseph Burrell also had a tussle at the back of the fleet, with Hannah crossing the line just seconds ahead of her brother.
In the General Allcomers race, sailing was much closer. Natterjack again took the honours but only by six seconds from rival RS Vision Saphira sailed by Stephen Riley and Kelly Frosdick. Skylark was third.
You may also want to watch:
Tangier Trophy: 1 Natterjack (Mike Spencer, Sue Burrell), 2 Skylark (Jim Frost), 3 Supernova (Phil Gooch).
General Allcomers: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Stephen Riley, Kelvin Frosdick) 3 Skylark.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17