Crews in close races
Buckenham Sailing Club’s Open winter series got off to a cold, blustery start on Sunday, with one of the highest spring tides of the year.
Spectators were wondering if they should get the sandbags out to keep their feet dry! There was close competition in both races.
In the Tangier Trophy race, RS Vision Natterjack sailed by Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell had a comfortable lead from the start and held their place on corrected time ahead of Jim Frost in his Phantom, Skylark.Phil Gooch took third spot in his Supernova.
Topper sailors Hannah and Joseph Burrell also had a tussle at the back of the fleet, with Hannah crossing the line just seconds ahead of her brother.
In the General Allcomers race, sailing was much closer. Natterjack again took the honours but only by six seconds from rival RS Vision Saphira sailed by Stephen Riley and Kelly Frosdick. Skylark was third.
You may also want to watch:
Tangier Trophy: 1 Natterjack (Mike Spencer, Sue Burrell), 2 Skylark (Jim Frost), 3 Supernova (Phil Gooch).
General Allcomers: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Stephen Riley, Kelvin Frosdick) 3 Skylark.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise