Crews in close races
Buckenham Sailing Club’s Open winter series got off to a cold, blustery start on Sunday, with one of the highest spring tides of the year.
Spectators were wondering if they should get the sandbags out to keep their feet dry! There was close competition in both races.
In the Tangier Trophy race, RS Vision Natterjack sailed by Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell had a comfortable lead from the start and held their place on corrected time ahead of Jim Frost in his Phantom, Skylark.Phil Gooch took third spot in his Supernova.
Topper sailors Hannah and Joseph Burrell also had a tussle at the back of the fleet, with Hannah crossing the line just seconds ahead of her brother.
In the General Allcomers race, sailing was much closer. Natterjack again took the honours but only by six seconds from rival RS Vision Saphira sailed by Stephen Riley and Kelly Frosdick. Skylark was third.
You may also want to watch:
Tangier Trophy: 1 Natterjack (Mike Spencer, Sue Burrell), 2 Skylark (Jim Frost), 3 Supernova (Phil Gooch).
General Allcomers: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Stephen Riley, Kelvin Frosdick) 3 Skylark.
- 1 'We had to take a chance': Bookshop defies the odds and launches in lockdown
- 2 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 3 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 4 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 5 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 6 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 7 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 10 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich