Crews in close races
Buckenham Sailing Club’s Open winter series got off to a cold, blustery start on Sunday, with one of the highest spring tides of the year.
Spectators were wondering if they should get the sandbags out to keep their feet dry! There was close competition in both races.
In the Tangier Trophy race, RS Vision Natterjack sailed by Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell had a comfortable lead from the start and held their place on corrected time ahead of Jim Frost in his Phantom, Skylark.Phil Gooch took third spot in his Supernova.
Topper sailors Hannah and Joseph Burrell also had a tussle at the back of the fleet, with Hannah crossing the line just seconds ahead of her brother.
In the General Allcomers race, sailing was much closer. Natterjack again took the honours but only by six seconds from rival RS Vision Saphira sailed by Stephen Riley and Kelly Frosdick. Skylark was third.
You may also want to watch:
Tangier Trophy: 1 Natterjack (Mike Spencer, Sue Burrell), 2 Skylark (Jim Frost), 3 Supernova (Phil Gooch).
General Allcomers: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Stephen Riley, Kelvin Frosdick) 3 Skylark.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 6 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 8 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft