Cricket club grows in strength
On and off the field Beccles Town Cricket Club is moving from strength to strength.The annual presentation night was held at the Waveney House Hotel.
On and off the field Beccles Town Cricket Club is moving from strength to strength.
The annual presentation night was held at the Waveney House Hotel.
President Robert Seppings, after a short speech, presented the awards to players of the year Robert Porter, Andrew Clarke (second team), Christian Squire (third team), Josh Aldridge (Sunday team), Luke Caswell (U21) and clubman Alan Squire.
The Mike Puxley Cup for players' player of the year was presented by Jonathan Puxley to Matthew Patnell.
You may also want to watch:
At the annual meeting which followed a few days later, chair Liz Read thanked the committee for their hard work during the season and looked forward to a successful 2008.
She also thanked the committee and the band of helpers who contributed to the installation of the electronic scoreboard which will be a great asset for the club.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
David Turrell was re-elected as first team captain, Nick Warnes took the reins of the second team and Tim Hoare was elected as third team captain.
Following the announcement that the club had been awarded Focus Club status during 2007, they will be participating in the 2008 Chance to Shine coaching scheme led by the newly-appointed cricket development officer Ian Ruddock.
Club coaches will work closely with local schools to deliver cricket coaching during school term times
Continuing with club development, an U17 team has been entered into the Carter Cup for the first time this year.
B Fisher, G Brown, S Crisp, C Robson and B O'Donnell have been entered for Suffolk trials and G Milton for Norfolk.
The annual quiz night will take place on February 21 at the sports pavilion at Beef Meadow. All are welcome at £8 per team of four.
Winter nets are also up and running for the new season and are being held at Lowestoft Sports Centre on Sunday mornings 9.30-11.30am. All new prospective players are welcome.
Contact David Turrell for more information on 0751 5917824.