Cricketers at Beccles look to the future
BECCLES Town Cricket Club is now planning for a successful 2011 season after some changes in the club since the end of the 2010 season.
Changes at the meeting included Robert Porter taking the reigns as first team captain from Alex Sydenham, who did an excellent job during a difficult period for the club over the last two seasons.
Mike Hewitt continues to stand as president, although Andrew Clarke has stepped down as chairman, but a big name is to be announced for his position soon.
Tony Wright will also be continuing his dedicated work as junior co-ordinator for the forthcoming season.
Town have recently received their fixture programme, with a home tie against Saham Toney to kick off the season on April 30, and town will hope for a better return when they visit Hardingham in the first round of the Carter Cup, where they fell at the same hurdle last year.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles have also entered the growing Umpires Cup competition, where they will begin with a home match against Swaffham.
The club is currently seeking sponsors for the 2011 season and beyond, with a main shirt sponsor amongst other sponsorship options available. Winter nets will begin in February at Loddon Sports Centre, with a full programme to be announced nearer the starting date.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Any prospective new members, playing or non-playing, are welcome to join the club, as well as any potential sponsors. They, and those with sponsorship queries should call club captain Robert Porter on 07854 506502.
n Hales Cricket Club will be holding an extraordinary general meeting at the White Horse, Chedgrave on Thursday, January 6 at 8pm. All members welcome.