Cricketers at Beccles look to the future
BECCLES Town Cricket Club is now planning for a successful 2011 season after some changes in the club since the end of the 2010 season.
Changes at the meeting included Robert Porter taking the reigns as first team captain from Alex Sydenham, who did an excellent job during a difficult period for the club over the last two seasons.
Mike Hewitt continues to stand as president, although Andrew Clarke has stepped down as chairman, but a big name is to be announced for his position soon.
Tony Wright will also be continuing his dedicated work as junior co-ordinator for the forthcoming season.
Town have recently received their fixture programme, with a home tie against Saham Toney to kick off the season on April 30, and town will hope for a better return when they visit Hardingham in the first round of the Carter Cup, where they fell at the same hurdle last year.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles have also entered the growing Umpires Cup competition, where they will begin with a home match against Swaffham.
The club is currently seeking sponsors for the 2011 season and beyond, with a main shirt sponsor amongst other sponsorship options available. Winter nets will begin in February at Loddon Sports Centre, with a full programme to be announced nearer the starting date.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 9 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 10 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
Any prospective new members, playing or non-playing, are welcome to join the club, as well as any potential sponsors. They, and those with sponsorship queries should call club captain Robert Porter on 07854 506502.
n Hales Cricket Club will be holding an extraordinary general meeting at the White Horse, Chedgrave on Thursday, January 6 at 8pm. All members welcome.