Cricketers at Beccles look to the future
BECCLES Town Cricket Club is now planning for a successful 2011 season after some changes in the club since the end of the 2010 season.
Changes at the meeting included Robert Porter taking the reigns as first team captain from Alex Sydenham, who did an excellent job during a difficult period for the club over the last two seasons.
Mike Hewitt continues to stand as president, although Andrew Clarke has stepped down as chairman, but a big name is to be announced for his position soon.
Tony Wright will also be continuing his dedicated work as junior co-ordinator for the forthcoming season.
Town have recently received their fixture programme, with a home tie against Saham Toney to kick off the season on April 30, and town will hope for a better return when they visit Hardingham in the first round of the Carter Cup, where they fell at the same hurdle last year.
Beccles have also entered the growing Umpires Cup competition, where they will begin with a home match against Swaffham.
The club is currently seeking sponsors for the 2011 season and beyond, with a main shirt sponsor amongst other sponsorship options available. Winter nets will begin in February at Loddon Sports Centre, with a full programme to be announced nearer the starting date.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 6 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 7 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 8 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 9 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 10 MP calls for investment for east coast rail lines
Any prospective new members, playing or non-playing, are welcome to join the club, as well as any potential sponsors. They, and those with sponsorship queries should call club captain Robert Porter on 07854 506502.
n Hales Cricket Club will be holding an extraordinary general meeting at the White Horse, Chedgrave on Thursday, January 6 at 8pm. All members welcome.